Dr.Vivek Agarwala has umpteen years of specialized working experience in the field of Medical oncology & Haemato-Oncology. Dr Agarwala has worked as senior resident in the Department of Medical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai prior to joining Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Howrah. After completing his graduation from Guwahati Medical College & MD in General medicine from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, Dr. Vivek went on to complete his Post-Doctoral specialization DM in Medical Oncology from Tata Memorial Centre, HBNI University, Mumbai. He had specialized hands-on training in the management of different cancers including preparation of chemotherapy protocol in OPD & in-patients, managing chemotherapy toxicities and oncologic emergencies including training in bone marrow transplantation. He further completed DNB Medical Oncology from NBE, New Delhi. Dr. Vivek is a certified medical oncologist from European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO). He has also obtained MRCP speciality certification in Medical Oncology. He has a keen interest in geriatric oncology, precision medicine, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. Dr Vivek Agarwala also has many publications to his credit in various journals of national and international repute.
Fields of Expertise
Key Procedures Performed
Management of Solid Tumor | Chemotherapy | Medical Oncology | Leukemia | Lymphoma | Multiple Myeloma
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO).
- Indian Cooperative Oncology Network.
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Various abstract publications as First author and co-author in JAPI Dec 2010, JAPI Dec 2011, IHJ Nov-Dec 2011 and IJG Nov. 2011.
- Joshi A, Agarwala V, Noronha V, Dhumal S, Juvekar S, Prabhash K. Response to oral metronomic chemotherapy in carcinoma of the Buccal Mucosa: A case report. Indian journal of cancer 2014 Jul 1;51(3):400.
- Noronha V, Joshi A, Patil V, Dhumal S, Agarwala V, Prabhash K. Excellent response to oral Metronomic chemotherapy in unresectable adenocarcinoma of external auditory canal. Indian journal of medical and paediatric oncology 2015 Apr;36(2):132.
- Joshi A, Agarwala V, Ramaswamy A, Noronha V, Patil VM, Menon S, et al. Initial experience with first-line pazopanibin the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: A single institution data. Indian J Cancer 2016; 53:575-8.
• A match pair analysis of paclitaxel cetuximab versus metronomic chemotherapy as palliative chemotherapy in head and neck cancers. – Under Review at Cancer Letters for publication as co-author.
- Treatment outcomes of metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma – a single institution retrospective analysis. – Under review at International Journal of Urology as First-author.
- A risk-benefit assessment approach to selection of adjuvant chemotherapy in elderly patients with early breast cancer: Amini-review – Under review at Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology as First author.
Posts Held in Past
- Specialist Senior Resident, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Senior Resident, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Junior Resident, Dept. of Medicine, GSVM Medical College & LLR Hospital, Kanpur
- Junior Resident, Dept. Of Surgery, Grant Medical, College & JJ Hospital, Mumbai
English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Rajasthani and Marathi