Dr. Basu graduated as MBBS from Calcutta Medical College, Asia's oldest medical college. He completed his post-graduation in Gynaecology and Obstetrics from the same institution and thereafter pursued his Diplomate of National Board from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. Due to immense interest in oncology he appeared and got selected for the prestigious post-doctoral fellowship in Gynaecology Oncology at the state of art Tata Medical Center and successfully completed his 3 years of programme. He has also acquired Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery and is a Certified Console Surgeon for da Vinci Robotic Surgery from Intuitive Surgical, USA.
Dr. Basu has immense experience of treating malignancies and premalignant conditions of gynaecological origin like Ovarian, Cervical, Uterine/ Endometrial & Vulval Cancers. He has special interest in performing Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (CRS HIPEC) the most advanced treatment in the field of ovarian cancer. He is an enthusiast of Minimal Invasive Surgery or Keyhole Surgery (Laparoscopic and Robotic) for radical treatment in gynaecological cancers.
His treatment strategies are based on Standard International Guidelines and always passed through Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)/ Tumor Board Meetings.
His excellent communication and counselling skills can not only boost the morale of the anguished cancer patients and their next of kin but also encourage them to complete their treatment and continue surveillance.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Gynaecology Oncology) Tata Medical Center
- da Vinci Console Certification (Intuitive Surgicals, USA)
Fields of Expertise
- Genitourinary and Gynaecological cancers
- Complex Pelvic Surgeries
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Management of Suspicious Ovarian Cyst/ Adnexal masses by Frozen Section Biopsy
- CRS & HIPEC for Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- Colposcopy and Guided Procedures
- Genetic Counselling and Testing for Hereditary Cancers
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India (AGOI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
English, Hindi, Bengali