Dr. Basu has done his MBBS from Calcutta Medical College, Asia's oldest medical college. He did his post graduation from the same institution. He has pursued his Diplomate of National Board from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. Due to immense interest in oncology he appeared and got selected for the prestigious post doctoral fellowship in Gynaecology Oncology at the state of art Tata Medical Center and successfully completed his 3 years of programme. He has also acquired Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery and is a lifetime member of Association of Gynaecology Oncologists of India.
Dr. Basu has immense experience of treating cancers and premalignant conditions of gynaecological origin like Ovarian, Cervical, Uterine/ Endometrial & Vulval Cancers. He has special interest in performing Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (CRS HIPEC) the most advanced treatment in the field of ovarian cancer. He is an enthusiast of Minimal Invasive Surgery or Key Hole Surgery (Laparoscopic and Robotic) for radical treatment in gynaecological cancers.
He is trained in communication and counselling skills to boost the morale of patients diagnosed with cancer and throughout their treatment and follow up.
Fields of Expertise
- Genitourinary and gynaecological cancers
- Complex radical surgeries.
- Radical laparoscopic surgeries
- Robotic surgery
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer
- Management of ovarian cyst, adnexal masses
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer
- Genetic counselling and testing for hereditary cancers
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India - AGOI
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- MEMBER OF NATIONAL ACADEMY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
English, Hindi and Bengali