Dr. Sagar Sadhu is a Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon with 15 years of rich experience in the field. He completed his graduation from Calcutta University in 1997 and MS (Surgery) in 2004 from the same university. Subsequently, he persuaded further surgical training and got expertise in performing majority of laparoscopic surgeries, minimally invasive surgery and advanced surgical procedures. He takes an active interest in clinical research and teaching. He has many research articles published in national and international journals of surgery. He is a trainer and thesis guide to Master’s students (DNB).
Posts Held in the past
- MBBS (Calcutta University);
- MS (General surgery, Calcutta University)
Fields of Expertise
Laparoscopic surgery and advanced gastrointestinal surgery
Professional Memberships & Certifications
Life Member, Indian Medical Association
His area of interests encompasses Laparoscopic Surgery, Hepatobiliary-Pancreatic surgery, Hernia Surgery, Breast Surgery and Haemorrhoid/Fissure/Fistula surgery
- Sadhu S, Jahangir TA. Roy MK.Left-sided gallbladder discovered during laparoscoic cholecystectomy in a patient with dextrocardia. India J Surg (March-April 2015) 74(2):186-188.
- Sadhu S, Jahangir TA. Sarkar S, Dubey SK, Roy MK. Open port placement through the umbilical cicatrix. Indian J Surg. 2009 Oct; 71(5): 273-275.
- Sadhu S, Pattari SK, Sarkar S, Dubey SK, Roy MK. Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor (PEComa) of falciform ligament - an extremely rare tumor. Indian J Surg. 2008 Aug;70(4):200-2
- Sarkar S, Sadhu S, Jahangir T, Pandit K, Dubey S, Roy MK. Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration using a rigid nephroscope. Br J Surg. 2009 Apr;96(4):412-6.
- Roy MK, Sadhu S, Dubey SK. Advances in the management of gastric cancer. Indian J Surg. 2009 Dec;71(6):342-9
- Sadhu S, Sarkar S, Verma R, Dubey S, Roy MK. Haemosuccus pancreaticus due to true splenic artery aneurysm: a rare cause of massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding. J Surg Case Rep. 2010 Jul 1;2010(5):4
- Sadhu S, Roy MK. Extended pancreatectomy for pancreatic cancers. Indian J Surg. 2010 Apr;72(2):168-91
- Sadhu S, Pattari S, Shaikh F, Verma R, MK Roy. Colonic metastasis from subcutaneous angiosarcoma: A diagnostic dilemma. Indian J Surg. 2010 Jul;72(Suppl 1):328-30
- Sadhu S, Pandit K, Roy MK, Bajoria SK. Buccal mucosa ureteroplasty for the treatment of complex ureteric injury. Indian J Surg. 2011 Jan;73(1):71-2
- Sadhu S, Sarkar S, Jahangir TA, Verma R, Shaikh F, Dubey SK, Roy MK. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with cardiac dysfunction. Indian J Surg. 2011 Apr;73(2):90-5
- Sadhu S, Sheik F, Dubey SK, Roy MK. A retained rectosigmoid foreign body: unusual presentation. Indian J Surg. 2015 Apr;77(Suppl 1):109-10
- Dubey SK, Mahendru V, Sadhu S, Sarkar S, Verma AK, Roy MK. True knot in Ryles tube: a case report. Indian J Surg. 2008 Jun;70(3):142-3
- Bhattacharjee PK, Ray D, Ray M, Mitra J, Sadhu S. Anorectal amelanotic malignant melanoma. Indian Journal of Surgery 2003; 65 (4), 370-371
English; Hindi; Bengali.