Dr. Shubhayu Banerjee is an advanced Laparoscopic and Gastrointestinal Surgeon of international repute with excellent management skills. He has over 20 years of experience in complex Laparoscopic and Gastrointestinal procedures with a special interest in laparoscopic resection of gastrointestinal cancers, Complex fistula, and Inflammatory bowel diseases. Dr. Banerjee has undergone many specialised courses in Laparoscopy and Gastrointestinal diseases and surgery.A better part of Dr. Banerjee’s medical practice has been rendered in the UK. And, he has been associated with prestigious institutions such as Dorset County Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester; Southampton General Hospital, Salisbury District Hospital, and North Hampshire Hospital.
- M.B.B.S ,
- MRCS(UK) ,
- FRCS(UK) ,
- CSST (UK)
Post held in past
- Senior Consultant ,
- Laparoscopic and GI Surgery at Fortis Hospital , Kolkata
Fields of Expertise
- Laparoscopic and Open Gastro-Intestinal Onco Surgeries ,
- Complex Laparoscopic Hernias and Laser Colo-Proctology
Awards & Recognition
- Overseas Travelling Fellowship , Royal Society of Medicine , Section of Colo-Proctology Belgium
- Tripartite Colorectal Meeting , Dublin- Best presentation Doppler guided Hemorrhoidal Artery and Ligation - Early outcome and patient satisfaction
- European Association of Colo-proctology Scientific meeting , Geneva - Best Presentation - Sequelae of Splenectomy in surgery for peritoneal surface malignancy - Analysis of 65 complicated cases undergoing CytoReduction
- Annual Scientific meeting ,Association of surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland , Edinburgh - Best Presentation - Leak rates in 235 rectal cancers operated by 10 surgeons in the same year with same training
- British Association of Daycare Surgery - Best presentation -Supplementary Preoperative information encourages early return to work after inguinal hernia repair
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Royal College of Surgeons West Bengal Medical Council
- Banerjee S, Hickey E, Ward AS, Plant G. Infected pseudo aneurysms: Treatment by percutaneous thrombin injection may be successful . Clinical Radiology, June 2006.
- Banerjee S, Farquharson M, Cecil TD, Gold D, MoranBJ. Late-onset fistula presenting as buttock abscess in patients with ileo-anal J pouches for ulcerative colitis. Tech Coloproctol 2004; 8: 37-39.
- Banerjee S, Moran BJ. Pseudomyxoma peritonei published in Surgery 2004: 22 pages 238-242.
- Banerjee S, Kapur S, Moran BJ. The role of prophylactic oophorectomy in women undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer. Colorectal Disease, 7,214-217, 2005.
- Banerjee S, Sexton R, Thomas JM, Cecil T, Moran BJ Elevated tumour markers prior to complete tumour removal in patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei predict early recurrence. Colorectal disease 7,382- 386, 2005.
- Mukherjee A, Croxford M, Banerjee S, Sexton R, Farquharson SM, Cecil TD, Moran BJ. Complete cytoreduction for pseudomyxoma peritonei requires complex multivisceral resections in a lengthy procedure. Br J Surg 2004; 91: Suppl 1, p.90.
- Mukherjee A, Croxford M, Banerjee S, Sexton R, Farquharson SM, Cecil TD, Moran BJ. Complete cytoreduction for pseudomyxoma peritonei requires complex multivisceral resections in a lengthy procedure . Colorectal Disease 2004; 6: Suppl 1, p.21.
- Banerjee S, Huddy SPJ, Sexton R, Moran BJ. Leak rates in 235 rectal cancers operated on by 10 surgeons in the year 2000 Colorectal Disease 2003; 5: Suppl 1, July 2003, p.73.
- Banerjee S, Farquharson SM, Atherton PG, Moran BJ. Aloe Vera propilis and anal fissures.. Colorectal Disease 2003; 5: Supple 1, July 2003, p.55.
- Alexander-Sefre F, Chandrakumaran K, Sexton R, Banerjee S, Cecil T, Moran B. An elevated CEA does not preclude complete tumour removal in advanced pseudomyxoma peritonei, but indicates an increased risk of recurrence. Surgery, January 2004.
Key Procedures Performed
- Gastrointestinal cancers with laporoscopic colorectal surgery( anterior resection, abdominoperineal resection , total colectomy , segmental colectomy )
- Laporoscopic hernia Laporoscopic cholecystectomy,
- laporoscopic common bile duct exploration.
English , Bengali , Hindi