Dr. Sanjoy Basu is a dynamic gastroenterologist and hepatologist with a keen interest in all aspects of the specialty. He has trained in London (UK) for 8 years in both these disciplines as well as having undergone rigorous training in general medicine. After doing MBBS, Dr. Sanjoy Basu went on for further studies to London & Edinburgh for MRCP and FRCP. He is trained in advanced diagnostic techniques of ﬁbroelastography, wireless pH monitoring (BRAVO) and video capsule endoscopy. He has completed a post graduate diploma in gastroenterology from Queen Mary University of London with distinction. He has undergone Training in general medicine followed by intensive training and fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology. His experience includes care of acute GI emergencies, in-patient and out-patient gastroenterology as well as advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic techniques like oesophageal dilatation, banding, Colonic polypectomy, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy tube placement, nasojejunal tube placement, ERCP etc. Training in wireless pH monitoring (BRAVO) technique, video capsule endoscopy, ﬁbroelastography.
Fields of Expertise
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Key Procedures Performed
- Correcting Ear Deformities
- Cochlear Implants
- Surgery for chronic ear infections
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Turbinates reduction
- Tonsil removal – tonsils and adenoids surgery
- Article: Cerebral Air Embolism – A rare complication of oesophageal dilatation: Endoscopy. In Printing.
- Article: The Incidence of Lactase Deficiency in an endoscopically and histologically normal group of white British
- Caucasians: Gastroenterology Today 2009; 19(3). Article: Sanjoy Basu: Lung alert on a potential method for development of a bird flu vaccine: Thorax, Jan 2008; 63:84.
Hindi, English, Bengali