Dr. Abhijit Sarkar completed his MBBS in 1993 and DCH in 1996 from Calcutta University, India. He also completed MRCPCH in 1999 and DCH in 2000 from London, UK. He is currently working as a consultant in Paediatrics department at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Howrah.
Aim to establish a dedicated state of the art gastroenterology department & to establish strong research wing in the hospital and to establish endoscopy as well as gastroenterology teaching unit in the hospital.
Key Procedures Performed:
Good managerial & clinical skills, ability to build a good team, excellent teaching skills
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK)
- Medical Defence Union (UK)
- West Bengal Medical Council (India)
During my Post Graduate Training Period, l submitted a thesis entitled "Left Ventricular Function and Size by both Surgical and Non-invasive Method in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease". The University of Calcutta accepted this paper.
Posts Held in Past:
- Medical Officer at Khanak Hospital, Dec1993-Aug 1995)
- RMO cum Clinical Tutor in Medicine (Aug2005-Aug2006) at R.G. Kar Medical College
Bengali, English, Hindi