Dr. Mainak Banerjee is a dynamic endocrinologist in the city of Kolkata. After completing his MBBS from prestigious Calcutta Medical College in 2013, he worked as a senior house-physician in department of Emergency Medicine for one year in the same institution. He went on to complete his MD training in Internal Medicine in 2017 under WBUHS. He secured the coveted DM seat in Endocrinology & Metabolism through NEET-SS in the same year. Subsequently he completed his DM training in 2020 from Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education & Research, SSKM hospital, Kolkata. During his tenure, he also received considerable experience in the field of pediatric endocrinology and childhood diabetes. He was awarded Specialty Certificate in Endo. & Diabetes in 2019 by Royal College of Physicians, U.K. He has authored several book chapters and publications in both national and international journals.
- MD (Medicine) DM (Endocrinology) Specialty Certificate in Endo. & Diabetes (Royal College of Physicians, U.K.)
Fields of Experience
- Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Internal Medicine
Awards & Recognition
- National Quiz Winner (Endocrine Society of India, 2019)
- Specialty Certificate in Endo. & Diabetes in 2019 by Royal College of Physicians, U.K
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Research Society for the study of Diabetes in India
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- Endocrine Society
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Bhadada SK. Glycaemic efficacy and safety of mealtime faster-acting insulin aspart administered by injection as compared to insulin aspart in people with diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Diabet Med. 2021 Mar;38(3):e14515.
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Bhadada SK. Cortisol concentrations and mortality from COVID-19. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology. 2020 Oct 1;8(10):809.
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Yadav U, Bhattacharjee S. Clinical profile and outcomes in COVID-19 patients with diabetic ketoacidosis: A systematic review of literature. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2020 Aug 18.
- Mandal S, Mukhopadhyay P, Banerjee M, Ghosh S. Clinical, endocrine, metabolic profile, and bone health in Sheehan's syndrome. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2020 Jul 1;24(4):338.
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Yadav U, Bhattacharjee S. Statin use and clinical outcomes in patients with COVID-19: An updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Postgrad Med J. 2021 Feb 4:postgradmedj-2020-139172.
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Mukherjee S, Bhogal RS, Kaur A, Bhadada SK. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor use and mortality in COVID-19 patients with diabetes mellitus: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. 2021 Feb 20;12:2042018821996482.
- Pal R, Banerjee M, Kumar A, Bhadada S. Glycemic efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine in type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta.analysis of relevance amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Int J Non-Commun Dis. 2020;5(4):184.
- Pal R, Banerjee M. Comment on "Is the type of diabetes treatment relevant to outcome of COVID-19?". J Diabetes. 2020 Sep;12(9):705-707.
- Banerjee M, Pal R. Reply to letter to the editor: "COVID-19 and the endocrine system: exploring the unexplored". Focus on acromegaly. J Endocrinol Invest. 2021 Mar;44(3):639-640.
- Pal R, Banerjee M. Are people with uncontrolled diabetes mellitus at high risk of reinfections with COVID-19?. Primary Care Diabetes. 2020 Aug 7.
- Pal R, Banerjee M. COVID-19 and the endocrine system: exploring the unexplored. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. 2020 May 2:1.
- Banerjee M, Chakraborty S, Pal R. Diabetes self-management amid COVID-19 pandemic. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2020 Apr 13.
- Basu M, Pandit K, Banerjee M, Mondal SA, Mukhopadhyay P, Ghosh S. Profile of auto-antibodies (Disease related and other) in children with type 1 diabetes. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2020 May 1;24(3):256.
- Basu M, Banerjee M, Mukhopadhyay P, Ghosh S. Trends of seasonality and age of onset in T1DM: A snapshot from Eastern India. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2020 Mar 1;24(2):219.
- Bhattacharjee S, Banerjee M, Pal R. ABO blood groups and severe outcomes in COVID-19: A meta-analysis. Postgrad Med J. 2020 Dec 24:postgradmedj-2020-139248.
- Bhattacharjee S, Banerjee M. Immune Thrombocytopenia Secondary to COVID-19: a Systematic Review. SN Compr Clin Med. 2020 Sep 19:1-11.
- Pal R, Banerjee M. Comment on “Is the type of diabetes treatment relevant to outcome of COVID‐19?”. Journal of Diabetes. 2020 May 27.
- Banerjee M, Chakraborty S, Pal R. Teleconsultation and diabetes care amid COVID-19 pandemic in India: scopes and challenges. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2020 Jan 1:1932296820929391.
- Bhattacharjee S, Banerjee M, Pal R. COVID-19-associated Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis and Coagulopathy: Targeting the Duumvirate. Indian Pediatrics. 2020 Jun 24.
- Banerjee M, Gupta S, Pal R, Ghosh S. Secondary Amenorrhea as primary presentation of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. Endocrine Practice. 2020 Feb 11.
- Banerjee M, Majumdar M, Kundu PK, Maisnam I, Mukherjee AK. Clinical profile of asymptomatic bacteriuria in type 2 diabetes mellitus: An Eastern India perspective. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2019 May;23(3):293.
- Banerjee M, Mondal SK, Maisnam I, Mukherjee AK. Jaundice and anaemia as presenting features of an incomplete autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type II. BMJ Case Reports CP. 2019 Apr 1;12(4):e228490.
- Diabetic foot
- Osteoporosis and parathyroid disease
- Thyroid diseases
Bengali, English, Hindi