Dr. Shubhadeep Das has more than 12 years of experience in the field of pediatric critical care. He completed his training in general Pediatrics from Kolkata Medical College. He was trained in pediatric cardiac and general intensive care in the prestigious Sickkids Hospital, Canada, University of Toronto. He has also worked extensively in pediatric cardiac and general medical/surgical ICUs in London, UK. He has been elected as FRCPH; the highest honor that Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK bestows upon its members. Experienced at managing kids on ECMO, CRRT, HFOV, and iNO. While at SickKids, he was awarded as ‘Most knowledgeable fellow in mechanical ventilation. He is an accredited teacher of pediatric intensive care of the ‘Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Intensive Care Chapter’. Dr. Das takes a keen interest in teaching and research activities and has several publications in international peer reviewed journals to his credit.
He is currently working in the capacity of consultant and, Pediatric Cardiac ICU, and NSH, Howrah since July 2019. He is passionate about intensive care and has also started a 13 bedded tertiary level advanced PICU at NSH in January 2021. The PICU caters to all non-cardiac medical and surgical pediatric emergencies. He is the program, director of DNB DCH program at his institute. Post graduate trainees undertaking this program, work under his guidance.
- MD (Pediatrics)
- FRCPH (UK)
- Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care/Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care (Sickkids Hospital, Canada and UK)
- Accredited teacher of Pediatric Critical Care (IAP-ICC)
Fields of Expertise
- Stabilization and management of pre/post-operative cardiac kids
- Management of post-surgical/oncological/respiratory/neuro emergencies
- Management of kids on ECMO/HFOV/CRRT/iNO/Advanced modes of ventilation/intracranial pressure monitoring
- Real-time Ultrasound guidance technique for placing arterial lines and Central Venous Catheter
- Lung Ultrasound/Functional Echocardiography