Dr. Shubhadeep Das has more than 13 years of experience in the field of pediatric critical care and general pediatrics. He completed his training in general pediatrics from Kolkata Medical College. He was trained in pediatric cardiac and general intensive care in the prestigious Sickkids Hospital, Canada, University of Toronto. He has also worked extensively in pediatric cardiac and general medical/surgical ICUs in London, UK. He has been elected as FRCPH; the highest honor that Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK bestows upon its members. He has also been awarded FRCP by the Royal College of Physicins; London and Edinburgh. Experienced at managing kids on ECMO, CRRT, HFOV, and iNO. While at SickKids, he was awarded as ‘Most knowledgeable fellow in mechanical ventilation. He is an accredited teacher of pediatric intensive care of the ‘Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Intensive Care Chapter’. Dr. Das takes a keen interest in teaching and research activities and has several publications in international peer reviewed journals to his credit.
He is currently working in the capacity of Senior Consultant and Clinical Lead, Pediatric Cardiac ICU/ PICU and Pediatrics at NSH, Howrah since July 2019. He is passionate about intensive care and has also started a 13 bedded tertiary level advanced PICU at NSH in January 2021. The PICU caters to all non-cardiac medical and surgical pediatric emergencies. He is the program, director of DNB DCH program at his institute. Post graduate trainees undertaking this program, work under his guidance.
- MD (Pediatrics), FRCPH (London), FRCP (London), FRCP (Edinburgh), EPIC Diploma
- Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care/Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care (Sickkids Hospital, Canada and UK)
- European Board Certified in Pediatric Critical Care
Fields of Expertise
- Routine Paediatric OPD checks
- Immunization of children
- Stabilization and management of pre/post-operative cardiac kids
- Management of post-surgical/oncological/respiratory/neuro emergencies
- Management of kids on ECMO/HFOV/CRRT/iNO/Advanced modes of ventilation/intracranial pressure monitoring
- Real-time Ultrasound guidance technique for placing arterial lines and Central Venous Catheter
- Lung Ultrasound/Functional Echocardiography
Awards & Recognition
- FRCPCH (Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Heath, London)
- FRCP (Royal College of Physicians, London), FRCP (Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, Scotland)
- EPIC Board Certification in Pediatric Critical Care (European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of Pediatric Intensive Care Chapter, IAP
- Accredited Teacher of Pediatric Intensive Care (IAP-ICC)
- Das S, Das D, Dutta N, Sharma M, Koley R. Use of cardiopulmonary bypass machine in intensive care unit as a short term mechanical circulatory support for recovery of cardiac function [published online ahead of print, 2022 Sep 22]. Perfusion. 2022;2676591221129740. doi:10.1177/02676591221129740
- Floh AA, Das S, Haranal M, Laussen PC, Crawford-Lean L, Fan CS, Mertens LL, Runeckles K, Honjo O. Comparison between Del Nido and conventional blood cardioplegia in pediatric open-heart surgery.
- Das D., Dutta N., Das P., Sharma M. K., Koley R., Das S., Chattopadhyay A., Ghosh S. and Narayan P. Late presentation of aortopulmonary window: a contemporary series. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022.
- Mehta R, Ghosh S, Nandy JD, Das S, Chattopadhyay A. Atypical presentation of complete heart block in children with pediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome: A case series of two patients. Ann Pediatr Card 2021;14:408-11
- Das S, Gupta S, Das D, Dutta N. Basics of extra corporeal membrane oxygenation: a pediatric intensivist's perspective. Perfusion. 2021 Mar 26:2676591211005260.
- George J, Kurian L, Das S, Narayan P, Dutta N, Debasis D. Fixed time alarm bell technique as a method to improve hand hygiene compliance. Indian J Community Med 2021;46:334-5
- Kurian L, Das S, Das D, Dutta N, George J, Das P. Development of a Nursing Application to Minimize Drug Calculation Errors and Estimate Patient Assessment Scores. Comput Inform Nurs. 2021 Feb 1;39(2):57-60.
- Das D, Dutta N, Das AK, Sharma MK, Koley R, Chattopadhyay A, Ghosh S, Das S. Congenital right ventricular diverticulum: An atypical presentation. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2020 Oct-Dec;13(4):368- 370.
- Guha G, Chattopadhyay D, Guha S, Guha G, Das S. Congenital Insensitivity to Pain and Anhidrosis: A Series of Three cases from Eastern India. SEAJCRR. 2015; 4: 1297.
- Ghosh M, Chowdhury J, Das S, Banerjee M, Chakraborty S: A Rare Case Report of Siblings with Infantile and Late Infantile Forms of Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinoses. J. Nepal Pediatric. Soc. 2013:220-222
- Das S, Ghosh M, Mitra S, Chatterjee R, Bhattacharyya S, De AK, Chakraborty S: Developing Nomogram to Estimate Birth Weight from Head Circumference and Mid- Upper Arm Circumference. J Trop Pediatr. 2012 Aug;58: 307-10
- Joardar S, Das S, Chatterjee R, Guha G, Hasmi MA: Unilateral basal-ganglia involvement likely due to valproate-induced hyperammonemic encephalopathy. Neurol Sci. 2012 Aug;33: 919-22
- Das S, Ghosh M, Sarkar M, Joardar S, Chatterjee R, Chatterjee S: Adolescents Speak: Why do we Smoke?J Trop Pediatr. 2011 Dec;57: 476-80
- Ghosh M, Das S, Chakraborty S, Chatterjee R:Designing Color-coded Measuring Tapes based on Mid-arm and Chest Circumference to Predict Low Birth weight in the Field.J Trop Pediatr. 2011 Dec;57:464-7
- Das S, Joardar S, Chatterjee R, Guha G, Hashmi MA: Rare MRI finding in medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency: Pediatr Neurol. 2011 Sep; 45:203-5
- Ghosh M, Banerjee M, Das S, Chakraborty S: Dengue infection with multi-organ involvement. Scand Infect Dis. 2011 Apr; 43:316-8
- Chatterjee R, Bhattacharyya S, Biswas R, Das S: Giant Condyloma Acuminata in Pediatric HIV. Indian Pediatr. 2011 Jan;48:62-3
- Joardar, Swarnali, Arun kumar De, Shubhadeep Das, Rita Chatterjee, Mihir Sarkar and Rajni Priyanka Kujur. “RELAPSE OF PLASMODIUM VIVAX LEADING TO CONGENITAL MALARIA: TREATMENT COULD NOT PREVENT TRANSMISSION FROM MOTHER TO CHILD.” Case Study and Case Report. 2011, 1: 119-124
- Das S, Joardar S, Bhattacharyya S, Chatterjee R: HIV encephalopathy in a child in the
presence of a high CD4 count: a rare presentation. Int J STD AIDS. 2011 Jan;22: 57-8
· Author of IAP Standard Treatment guidelines on ‘Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding’
· Co-author of NH guidelines on Pediatric Heart Transplant module
English, Bengali, Hindi