Dr. Mahua Roy did her MBBS from NRS Medical College, Kolkata in the year 2000. She completed her MD in Paediatric Medicine in 2006 from Calcutta Medical College. She worked as Assistant Professor Paediatric Medicine for nearly 5years in different medical colleges. She completed her FNB in Pediatric Cardiology from R N Tagore Hospital, Kolkata in 2014. She did her certificate course in Fetal Echo from Mediscan, Chennai in the year 2016 and working at R N Tagore hospital as Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist. Dr. Mahua Roy has multiple scientific publications in national and international journals.
Fields of Expertise
- Interventional Fetal Echocardiography
Key Procedures Performed
- Cardiac Catheterization, Device: ASD, VSD, PDA, AP Window, RSOV
- Vascular plugs, Coil Embolization, Stenting: Coarctation, Branch PAs, Ductal Stenting, MAPCA Stenting, Balloon Angioplasties
- Interventional Pediatric Cardiology
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Clinical Assessment ( OPD and Ward)
- Pediatric Echocardiology ( OPD and Presurgical)
- TEE (OPD and Intraoperative)
- Diagnostic Catheterization
- Device Closure, Baloon Valvoplasty and Coil Closure
- Managing Cardiac ITU
- Conducting Academic Sessions for FNB fellows
- Fetal Echocardiography
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Life member of Indian academy of Pediatrics
- Life member of Indian Journal of Pediatrics
- Reviewer of Indian Journal of Pediatrics
- Author of Various national and international journals
- member of pediatric cardiological society of India
- J.B. Ghosh, Mahua Roy and Anirban Halder. Granulocytic Sarcoma: Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76 (5): 558-559.
- J. B. Ghosh, Mahua Roy, Kalyan Lahiri, A. K. Bala, Acute flaccid paralysis due to rabies: J Pediatr Neurosci. 2009 Jan-Jun; 4(1): 33-35.
- J. B. Ghosh, Mahua Roy, Tanushree Peters. Thymoma associated with myasthenia gravis in infancy: The Indian Journal of Pediatrics: October 2009, Volume 76, Issue 10, 1057-1058.
- J.B. Ghosh, Mahua Roy and Tanushree Peters. Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Responding to Amitryptiline: Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76 (12) : 1261-1262.
- J. B. Ghosh, M. Roy, A. K. Bala .Delayed onset interstitial nephritis following multiple wasp stings: Indian J Nephrol. 2009 April; 19(2): 71-73.
- J B Gosh, Mahua Roy, Ashok Bala. Infection Associated with Hemophagocyti Lymphohisticytosis triggered by nosocomial Infection :OMJ. 24, 223-225 (2009).
- Mahua Roy, S Moied Ahmed, Jyotishka Pal, Siddhartha Biswas. Community Acquired Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus: A Rare Presentation. Indian J Pediatr 2010; 171-5.
- Mahua Roy, Mridula Chatterjee , Sujit Deb, Narayan Pandit. Encephalitis Following Wasp Sting :Indian J Pediatr (2010) 77:1193-1194.
- Mahua Roy, Rajat Bandyopadhyay, Narayan Pandit, Soumita Sengupta Superior vena cava syndrome : presenting features of mediastenal germ cell tumour: OMJ. 25, 131-133 (2010).
- Mahua Roy, Jagabandhu Ghosh, Sujit Deb, and Narayan Pandit. Childhood steroid-responsive ophthalmoplegic migraine. J Pediatr Neurosci: 2011 Jan-Jun; 6(1): 69-71.
- Mahua Roy, Sanjoy Sengupta and T. K. Sabui. Transient myeloproliferative disorder and hepatic failure in
a newborn with Down syndrome Medical Practice and Reviews Vol.2(3) , pp. 29-32 , May 2011.
- Mahua Roy, Ashoke kumar Bala, Siddhartha Biswas and Tanushree Peters Morgagni Hernia Presenting as
Obstructive Jaundice: ( 48), 2011; 59-61.
- Mahua Roy, K. Bose, D. K. Paul, and Puja Anand. Hypophosphatemic Rickets: Presenting Features
of Fanconi-Bickel Syndrome Case Reports in Pathology Volume 2011 (2011),3
- Roy M, Ghosh JB, Bala AK, Chatterjee S. Rowell's syndrome: presenting features of systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatol Int. 2013 Apr;33(4):1075-7.
- Mahua Roy, A. K. Bala, Debjani Roy, Narayan Pandit. Growth Hormone Deficiency in Fanconis Anemia. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion: March 2013, Volume 29, Issue 1, pp 35-38.
- Mahua Roy, S Moied Ahmed, Jyotishka Pal, Narayan Pandit.Tension pneumomediastinum and extensive subcutaneous emphysema in a case of complicated staphylococcal pneumonia-Acute management with infraclavicular "blow-holes". Accepted in Journal of Trauma Emergency Shock.
- Reviewer-Indian Journal of Pediatric Medicine 2009-2010.
Indian Journal of Pediatric Medicine 2010-2011.
- Mahua Roy, Debabrata Nandi, Amitava Chattopadhyay, Biswajit Bandopadhyay , Hemant Nayak. Tras-catheter closure of coronary sinus atrial septal defects by Amplatzer septal occlude device. Journal of Indian college of cardiology.
- Indira Banerjee, Amitabh Chattopadhyay, Mahua Roy, Prabhat Kumar, Biswajit Bandyopadhyay, Kuntal Bhattacharyya. Febrile neonate- an atypical presentation. Bengal heart journal.
- Biswajit Bandyopadhyay, Amitava Chattopadhyay, Mahua Roy, Indira Banerjee. Left subclavian artery stenosis treated trans-catheter stent placement in children. Bengal heart journal.
English, Hindi, Bengali