Dr. Indranil Dutta is a consultant in Intervention Cardiology. After his post graduation in Internal medicine, he worked as a fellow(Clinical Tutor) in the department of Cardiology, IPGMER, SSKM Hospital, Kolkata till 2006. There he had extensive exposure in coronary and non coronary interventions.
Area of Expertise
He is a skilled interventionist, with proficiency in handling Coronary Angioplasty,Cardiac pacing, devices like AICD and CRT,Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty. He has special interest in Electrophysiology, and has been associated with Electrophysiology programme in RTIICS.
Fields of Expertise:
Coronary Intervention, Pacing, AICD, BMV, Electrophysiology
Key Procedures Performed:
- Angiogram - Coronary
- Angioplasty - Coronary (PTCA)
- Pacemaker Implantation - Permanent
- Pacemaker Implantation - Temporary
- EPS (Electrophysiology Study)
- Primary Angioplasty - Coronary (PTCA)
- Angioplasty - Coronary (PTCA) + Pre-operative profile
- Pacemaker Replacement
- Endoscopy - Gastroscopy
- Pacemaker Implantation - Permanent (CRT)
- Single episode of syncope in elderly--evaluation and diagnosis: Asok Kar, I Dutta, Medicine Update; Vol 11 2001
- Low Molecular Weight Heparins in percutaneous coronary interventions: A K Kar, I Dutta, Indian Heart Journal. Jan-Feb 2003 vol 55.
- Extrathoracic Subclavian Venepuncture for permanent pacemaker lead insertion. Published in Indian Heart Journal, year 2002.
- Internuclear Opthalmoplegia in systemic lupus erythematosus- a case report published in JAPI in 1991.
- Kar AK, Dutta I, Roy D- Clinical and angiographic outcome after cutting balloon angioplasty of native lesions.
- Kar AK, Dutta I, Roy D, Ghosh S- Outcome of percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty in treating mitral restenosis after surgical commisurotomy as compared to balloon valvuloplasty. Presented at 53rd annual conference of CSI Hyderabad, Dec 01.
Professional Memberships and Certifications:
Cardiology Society of India Association of Physicians of India
Posts Held in Past: