Dr. Mitra is a senior consultant interventional cardiologist at NH RTIICS. He is working in special branch of cardiology for than more than 16 years. His field of work comprises of Clinical Cardiology, Coronary Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty (including complex PCI) and all varities of pacemakers including Single, Dual chamber, CRT, AICD & MRI- Compatible Pacemaker.
He is the pioneer in implementation of IVUS (Intra Vascular Ultrasound) in PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) in Eastern India. His success in clinical & procedural (Cath Lab) work is nearly 99%- 100%.
Area of Expertise
Clinical Cardiology, Coronary Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty (including complex PCI) all varities of packemakers including Single, Dual Chamber, CRT, AICD & MRI Compatible Pacemaker, IVUS.
Key Procedures Performed:
- Angiogram - Coronary
- Angioplasty - Coronary (PTCA)
- Pacemaker Implantation - Permanent
- Pacemaker Implantation - Temporary
- CABG - Elective
- Angioplasty - Peripheral Artery
- Angioplasty - Renal
- Pacemaker Replacement
- ABP - Intra-aortic balloon pumping
Professional Memberships and Certifications:
Dr. Mitra delivers presentations/talks at different scientific conferences such as State National and International Forums regularly. His work has been published in JACC - Intervention (Journal of American College of Cardiology - Intervention) in 2006.
- A clinical study with Co-Trimoxazole Indian Medical Gazette (February 1983) Vol. CXVII, No.2 Page 49-51
- Studies of Combined Chloramphenicol and Streptomycin Therapy Journal of the Indian Medical Association, Calcutta. November 1984 Vol.82 No.1, Page 402
- A Clinical Evaluation of Geriforte in common stressful illness probe April-June 1987 Vol. XXVI No.3 Pages 189-194
- Pacing in Children and Adolescents. Indian Heart Journal January-February 1994 Vol.46 No.1, Page 41.
Posts Held in Past:
Resident House Physician
Bengali, English, Hindi