Dr Debabrata Bera is a Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist in Rn Tagore hospital. He deals with complex arrhythmia and RFA/ ablation procedure, advanced pacemaker, AICD, CRT and conduction system pacing Implantation.
Dr. Debabrata Bera is currently working as a Consultant in Adult Cardiology at RTIICS, Kolkata. Before joining RTIICS, Kolkata as a Full Time Consultant, he worked as a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in Apollo Glenaegles Hospitals, Kolkata. Dr. Bera is lifetime Member of the American College of Cardiology (USA) and Cardiological Society of India (CSI).
- MBBS, MD, DM, DNB,PDF(EF)
Awards & Recognition
- Best Poster Award: National Holistic Cardiology Conclave Madurai, India 2018. Pawar P... Bera D, Lokhandwala Y et al. (Intermediate and long-term outcome of PVI using focal EGM guided approach and 8mm tip ablation catheter.)
- Best case award. Cardiac transplant or reversible cardiomyopathy. Bera D, Narasimhan C. CSI Mumbai 2018.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of CSI, IHRS,APHRS, HRS
- Precordial reverse pattern break: A predictor of posteroseptal accessory pathways ablatable from the proximal coronary sinus D Bera, SS Mukherjee, C Narasimhan, YY Lokhandwala, A Halder, Heart Rhythm 19 (8), 1386-1388
- Interior lead QRS discordance on surface electrocardiogram predicting right anterior accessory pathways: A simplified approach. D Bera, SS Mukherjee, A Halder, A Ray Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
- Pheochromocytoma: Cath lab opening up the pandora's box PC Mandal, D Bera, A Gupta, D Roy, JJ Mukherjee, S Tiwari journal of indian college of cardiology 5 (2), 141-144
- Positive QRS complex in limb lead 2 with negative QRS in lead 3 on surface electrocardiogram: A nove predictor for anterior location of right-sided accessory pathways (10-1 o clock)... D Bera, SS Mukherjee, S Majumder, S Sikdar, K Dasgupta, A Kar.. Journal of cardiovascular electrophysiology 33 (5), 953-961
- LEFT POSTERIOR FASCICULAR PACING: A NOVEL AND SUPERIOR PACING STRATEGY V Yellapu, S Nanda, M Krinock, H Mangrolia, SM Stevens, DM Traub, Qurnal of the American College of Cardiology 79 (9_Supplement), 92-92
- Strontium in atrioventricular conduction disorder: Is it a new target? SS Mukherjee, D Kumar, D Bera, A Pande, S Patra, RR Roy,... Journal of Indian College of Cardiology 12 (1), 25-27
- Putative role of prosthetic dental implants in the development of cardiac sarcoidosis: A case-control study. Subramanian M, Bera D, Theodore J, Kishore J, Srinivas A, Narasimhan C Sarcoidosis, Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Diseases. 38 (3), e2021023
- Arrhythmia in Children and Adolescents and Outcome of Radiofrequency Ablation for Tachyarrhythmias-A Single Center Experience Over 16 Years D Bera, V Ramalingam, C Rathi, R Sharma, N Bachani, Y Lokhandwala Indian Pediatrics 57, 1127-1130.
- Serum angiotensin converting enzyme, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate and high sensitive-C reactive protein levels in diagnosis of cardiac sarcoidosis-where do we stand? D Bera, KS Naidu, DK Saggu, S Yalagudri, JK Kadel, R Sarkar,.... Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal 20 (5), 184-188
- Underdiagnosis of VT due to cycle length variation among cardiac sarcoidosis patients having ICD: Problem with stability discriminator D Bera, BB Pavri, DK Saggu, S Devidutta, S Yalagudri, M Subramanian,... Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 43 (6), 573-582
- Permanent His bundle pacing feasibility in routine clinical practice: experience from an Indian center R Sarkar, D Kaur, M Subramanian, S Yalagudri, C Sridevi, S Devidutta, ... Indian Heart Journal 71 (4), 360-363
- Idiopathic outflow-tract ventricular tachycardias: Can sinus rhythm ECG help to identify underlying diac sarcoidosis? D Bera, DK Saggu, S Devidutta, S Yalagudri, V Shah, P Reddy.... Indian Heart Journal 70, S85-S86
Key Procedures Performed
- EP Study, RFD, Ablation, 3D RFA, CRT, AICD, Pacemaker
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Leadless Pacemaker(MIGRA)
- Lead extraction
- 3D CARTO/ NAVX?/ ICE
- PV Isolation
- Pacemaker implantation. ICD and CRT implantation. Arrythmia. Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty. Coronary Angiogram and Angioplasty. Rheumatic Heart Disease. Heart Failure. Device Closure in Structural Heart Disease.