Experienced & qualified Gastroenterologist with more than 12 years of experience.
Last assignment was as HOD, gastroenterology at Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur.
After completing his MD, He did a post-doctoral fellowship in Gastroenterology from SGPGIMS, Lucknow.
- MD (Medicine)
- DM (Gastro)
- DNB (Medicine)
- DNB (Gastro)
- Gastro SCE (RCP-UK)
Post held in past
- Junior Resident in the dept. of Gastroenterology at IPGMER, Kolkata from May 2007-May 2010
- He worked as a Senior Resident in the dept. of Gastroenterology at IPGMER, Kolkata from June 2010-July 2011.
- He worked as a Senior resident (DM) in the dept. of Gastroenterology at SGPGIMS, Lucknow from July 2011-June 2014.
- He was a consultant in the dept. of Gastroenterology at Globe Medicare from Aug 2014 - May 2015.
- He worked as a consultant & HOD Gastroenterology at Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur from May 2015 to June 2022.
Fields of Expertise
- Management of all Gastroenterology & Hepatology cases.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- ISG (Indian Society of Gastroenterology)
- Kumar K, Ghoshal UC, Mohindra S.Upper gastrointestinal bleed: old is not always gold. Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):1171-429.
- Mohindra S, Kumar K. Hepatorenal syndrome. Clinical queries: nephrology 2 ( 2013) 205-211.
- Procalcitonin as a marker of sepsis in alcoholic hepatitis: Hepatology International
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth is common among patients with alcoholic and idiopathic chronic pancreatitis: Pancreatology
- Recurrent diarrhea: An unusual case of lupus enteritis: Tropical Gastroenterology
- Kumar, K., et al. (2012). "The spectrum of thyroid disorders in systemic lupus erythematosus." Rheumatol Int 32(1): 73-78.
- Kumar, K. and A. Ghosh (2010). "Medical image. Anaemia and skeletal deformities." N Z Med J 123(1310): 111-113.
- Kumar, K., et al. (2010). "Medical image: A case of five fingers and a murmur." N Z Med J 123(1323): 53-55.
- Acute hepatitis E associated acute pancreatitis: A single centre experience and literature review: Pancreas
- Kumar K, Sinha R, Nafe ZM. Post ERCP gastrointestinal hemorrhage: An unusual complication of migrated biliary stent. J Family Med Prim Care 2020;9:1212-4.1
Key Procedures Performed
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy including ERCPs
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Colonoscopy
Rare/ Unique Skills
Hindi, English, Bangla