Dr Poonam Goyal is presently working as a consultant in department of radiation oncology at Narayana Multispeciality Hospital Jaipur. She completed her MBBS from Stanley medical college Chennai and DNB – radiotherapy from KNMH Allahabad (Regional cancer center). She worked as a senior resident in Delhi state cancer institute , New Delhi than she worked as consultant in SEAROC SMS HOSPITAL for one year after which she was heading department of radiation oncology Manipal Hospital Jaipur
She has an experience of 10 years and has expertise of treating more than thousand patients in this brief period with cases coming with solid tumors, hematological malignancies, palliative conditions and recurrent cancer cases.She has an experience of working and observing with various renowned institutions in India eg. Residency in Burdwan medical college west Bengal, SGPGI Lucknow, RGCIRC in Delhi, Apollo Proton Cancer Centre Chennai and others. She has been a Co -author of various national and international publications. She was honored as guest speaker and awarded in various programmes held by societies, college university and NGOs. She is always keen in updating her knowledge for the best care and cure of her patient. She is also interested in raising awareness towards cancer, its screening programmes , vaccines available and others primordial preventive methods because she feels that early to diagnose and treat is the best way to defeat cancer.
- MBBS :- Stanley Medical college Chennai
- DNB (Radiotherapy):- Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital R.C.C. ALLAHABAD U.P.
Post held in past
- Senior resident in delhi state cancer institute , dilsad garden New delhi
- Consultant in seroc linear accelerator centre, sms hospital , Jaipur
- Senior consultant and head of department manipal hospital Jaipur
Fields of Expertise
- Interstitial brachytherapy for post lumpectomy breast cancer cases.
- Had a vast experience in intracavitary brachy therapy for gynecological malignancy.
- SBRT with ABC GATING[DIBH] for oligometastasis cases of liver,lung;spine etc.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association Of Radiation Oncologist Of India
- Publication in National and International Journals
- Presented Paper In AROI Rajasthan Chapter
- Award Winner In Quiz Competition In U.P. Chapter AROI
Key Procedures Performed
- Interstitial brachy therapy for post lumpectomy breast cancer.
- Intracavitary brachy therapy for gynecological malignancy
- 3DCRT,IMRT, IGRT, V-MAT, RAPID ARC,TBI.
- SRS AND FSRT for brain tumours
- SBRT with ABC GATING FOR thoracic tumours, metastatic lung, liver and spine tumours