Dr Shivani Swami has over a decade of experience in Pulmonology, Sleep Medicine and Allergies and has worked in reputed institutions across India including Medanta The Medicity - Gurgaon, Fortis Escorts and Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi.
She is one of the first few doctors in India to have completed her one year fellowship in Sleep Medicine which was at that time awarded to only a small percentage of doctors in her field. Dr. Shivani is trained in Interventional Pulmonology from the UK and has to her credit complex interventional procedures which include bronchoscopies, bronchoscopic biopsies, laser debulking of tumours and bronchial stenting. She is one of the few well-known pulmonologists in Jaipur who is actively working in eradicating TB in rural areas. To add to this, she has successfully ventured to an NGO named Share. Her efforts in this sphere are commendable.
She is one of the youngest doctors to be a part of various prestigious societies, including the American Association of Sleep Medicine, Indian Chest Society, South East Asia Academy of Sleep Medicine. She is also the Founder member of the Society of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery.
She is also trained in EBUS technique and has done quite a few of them in her decade long career apart from performing medical thoracoscopy routinely. Dr Swami has further trained in allergy and immunology and is apt not only at diagnosing allergic diseases but also in performing various kinds of allergy tests and treatments available including immunotherapy. She was awarded the most promising young pulmonologist of Rajasthan in 2019. Some of the key procedures she has efficiently performed are Awake Medical Thoracoscopy, Laser debulking of the endobronchial tumor with a flexible bronchoscope, and Pap Titration for OHS. These procedures are quite helpful for the patient treatment and included among the world-class medical services.
Dr. Shivani has many research papers and case presentations to her credit which have been published in National and International journals. She has also authored a book on ‘Sleep Related Breathing Disorders’ published by Jaypee Brothers. She takes pride in being a speaker at various national and international conferences. Currently, she is pursuing her medical endeavors with Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Jaipur. We are proud to be associated with such brilliant and young talent who never backs down even taking up the intricate cases.
- MBBS: BVP, Pune
- MD: DY Patil, Navi Mumbai
- FCCP: USA
- Fellow Interventional Pulmonology : Lecisester, UK
- Fellow Sleep Medicine: ISDA
- Certified in Allergy & Immunology: Bangalore
Post held in past
- Attending Consultant, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine – Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon
- Associate Consultant, Respiratory, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine – Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- Assistant Professor, Respiratory Medicine – NIMS, Jaipur
- Consultant, Pulmonology, Allergy & Immunology – Amarnath Allergy & General Hospital
- Consultant, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine – Soni Hospital, Jaipur
- Consultant, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine – Rungta Hospital, Jaipur
Fields of Experience
- Treatment of respiratory illness’ like Asthma, COPD, TB, Pneumonias, ILD
- Performing basic and complex bronchoscopic procedures
- Sleep disorders including OSA, OHS, Insomnia and Parasomnias
- Management of patients with Respiratory Failure with non invasive or invasive ventilators
- Adult Vaccination
- Allergic disorders, tests and treatments including immunotherapy
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member, American Association of Sleep medicine
- Member, Indian Chest Society
- Member, National College of Chest Physicians
- Member, Indian Sleep Disorder Association
- Member, Indian College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member, American College of chest Physicians
- Member, South East Asia Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Founder member of Society of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Ex Founder Vice President of Share (an NGO actively working in eradicating TB in rural areas)
- Ex Executive member of SCALPEL (Surgical Centre for Advanced LaProscopic Education & Learning)
Key Procedures Performed
- Awake Medical Thoracoscopy
- Laser debulking of endobronchial tumour with flexible bronchoscope
- Pap Titration for OHS