Dr. Vijay Sharma is a renowned Orthopaedic Surgeon with 21 years of experience in the medical & surgical management of arthritis, fractures and other orthopaedic diseases. He has earned recognition for performing various types of complex Joint surgeries (hip, knee & shoulder) which also includes Joint preservation, primary, complex primary and Revision joint Replacement surgeries. He is specially known for sub-vastus arthroplasty (joint replacement without cutting the muscles).
Dr. Sharma is renowned for performing joint surgeries using the latest minimally invasive techniques and using computer aided navigation which is amongst the most advanced and best method for performing joint replacement. Dr. Vijay is also extensively experienced in revision surgeries (second time joint replacement).
He has the credit of starting many new techniques and system in arthroplasty in Rajasthan like ASR (Articular Surface Replacement), personalized knee system, patient specific knee system, navigational i-assist system, maxera hip system amongst others.
He has undergone fellowships & training programmes in joint replacement surgery from some of the most well-known institutions based in USA, Australia, Italy & France. including an Asia Pacific fellowship in Joint Replacement from Harvard Medical School, USA making him amongst the most experienced and sought-after joint replacement specialists in Rajasthan. Dr Sharma is invited as a faculty at various National & International arthroplasty meets and is also the Author of various publications in reputed orthopaedic journals.
- MBBS: SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- MS (Orthopaedics): JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- Asia Pacific Fellowship (Joint Replacement): Harvard Medical School, Boston USA
- Joint replacement fellowship: Lancaster General hospital, USA
- Successfully completed Rolflex TONIC TKA course from Paris, France
- Underwent training in Oxford partial knee bio skill workshop at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Underwent training in Revision knee bio skill workshop at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Visiting Fellow in Joint Replacement – Australia & Italy
Post held in past
- Sr. Consultant and joint replacement surgeon at Jaipur Hospital, Lal Kothi, Jaipur
- Director Consultant & Joint replacement surgeon at Prem Niketan Hospital, Jaipur
- Consultant – Orthopaedic Surgery at Pradeep Rawat Memorial Hospital Jaipur
- Head and Chief joint replacement surgeon at Manipal hospitals, Jaipur
Fields of Experience
- Primary Joint Replacement Surgery of hip, knee and shoulder
- Revision joint replacement surgery
- Vast experience in complex trauma – intra-articular fractures, Acetabular fractures, deformity correction and other general orthopaedic cases
- Special interest in fractures around knee, hip & shoulder joint and paediatric fractures
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Association
- Jaipur Arthroplasty Club
- Trauma Society of India
Key Procedures Performed
- Complex & revision knee replacement
- Knee Replacement using sub-vastous technique
- Complex and revision hip replacement