Dr. Ankit Mathur has undergone meticulous training at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for his super specialization in Cardiac Surgery and has imbibed knowledge and skills from one of the most eminent Cardiothoracic Surgeon of this country Dr. P. Venugopal (Ex. Director AIIMS).
Dr. Mathur has over 14 years of experience in dealing with both Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in which he has amassed rich experience across a wide spectrum of conditions and complexities. He treats the full spectrum of congenital and degenerative heart conditions in adults and new-borns using the latest techniques and technology.
He is adept at performing complex heart valve replacement procedures, minimally invasive cardiac surgeries and re-do surgeries of the heart and has carved a niche for himself in Rajasthan. Dr. Mathur has published and presented multiple research papers and delivered several guest lectures, both Nationally & internationally. He has been awarded for two consecutive years by Private Medical Practitioners Association, Rajasthan Chapter for Excellence in Cardio-thoracic surgery.
- MBBS - Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
- MS (General Surgery) - SMS Medical College, Bikaner
- M.Ch (Cardio-thoracic & Vascular Surgery) - AIIMS, New Delhi.
Post held in past
- Worked as a Cardiac Surgeon at Fortis hospital, Jaipur & Heart & General hospital, Jaipur
Fields of Experience
- CABG & Heart Valve Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Aorta related surgeries
- High risk & re-do cardiac surgery
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Indian Association of Cardio-vascular Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- European Association of Cardio-thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
Key Procedures Performed
- Re-do valvular surgery
- Minimally Invasive ASD closure & MVR
- FONTAN completion surgery
- Bentall Surgery with hemi-arch
- 3rd time re-do heart surgery on an pediatric patient
- Total arterial CABG