Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS), also popularly known as RN Tagore Hospital, Kolkata, is a 681-bedded, NABH-accredited multi-superspeciality quaternary care hospital, established in the year 2000. RTIICS has 15 fully-equipped operation theatres and three state-of-the-art catheterisation laboratories with 24-hour facility.
It provides services to the people of West Bengal and the neighbouring states in Eastern India and North Eastern India. RTIICS is a global healthcare hub catering to patients from countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal as well as African countries.
RTIICS is a centre of excellence in Cardiac Sciences and Heart Transplantation, Renal Sciences and Kidney Transplantation, Neurosciences, Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology, Hepatobiliary Sciences and Liver Transplantation. The hospital offers services in over 40 clinical specialities for acute and chronic ailments.
RTIICS was adjudged the ‘No.1 Cardiac Care Hospital’ in Eastern India, by the Times of India Health Survey 2016, 2017 and 2018. RTIICS has also received the AHPI Award for ‘Outstanding Teaching Hospital’ in 2018 and the AHPI Healthcare Excellence Award in 2019 for ‘Quality Beyond Accreditation’ Features of the hospital are as follows:
- Centre for Multi-Organ Transplant, offering Comprehensive Heart, Liver & Renal Transplant Programmes
- Performs Complex Paediatric and adult Cardiac Surgeries
- Pioneered the IVUS-Guided Angioplasty
- Only centre in East India for Brain Pacemakers for Advanced Parkinson's Disease and Epilepsy Surgery
- Centre for Minimal Access Spine Surgery, Percutaneous Endovascular Programme for Stroke, Carotid Stenosis, Brain Aneurysms and Brain Arterio-Venous Malformations
- Comprehensive centre for liver and digestive diseases, offers treatment for GI Oncology, also performs Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Offers comprehensive Sleep Study and Endobronchial Ultrasound Programme in the region
- Offers comprehensive treatment for Fibroids, Varicose Veins and Tumour Ablation through Interventional Radiology. It also performs Complex Biopsies and Interventional Therapies for cancer
- Offers some of the largest orthopaedic programmes in Eastern India for Joint Replacements, Arthroscopic Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Trauma and Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
For Bio-Medical Waste report April-19 Click Here
Annual Report Click HereAHA BLS/ACLS/PALS courses – Click Here