Dr Samarjit Khanikar completed his MBBS from Guwahati Medical College & Hospital and did his post graduation in M.S. Orthopaedics from the same institute. He worked as a senior registrar in Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata and did a one-year fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine under pioneer Arthroscopic Surgeon in India, Dr Debasis Chatterjee, Kolkata. He worked as a junior consultant in Medica Super Speciality Hospital in the Joint Replacement Unit and got trained in most advanced Joint Replacement Surgery. He has been associated with Narayana Superspeciality Hospital since its inception and is one of the pioneers in arthroscopic surgery from northeastern region and has been offering arthroscopic surgery of shoulder, knee, elbow, ankle to hundreds of patients every year.
Key Procedures Performed
- Arthroscopic Surgery.
- Joint Replacement Surgery.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Indian Arthroscopy Society (IAS).
- Northeast Regional Orthopaedic Surgeon's Association (NEROSA)
- International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty (ISKSAA).
- Ultrasonography as a diagnostic tool for meniscal injury, IAS 2011 journal.
- Scapholunate dissociation treated with Vanden Abbeele Procedure annual journal of medica superspeciality hospital.
Posts Held in Past
- Senior Registration, Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata.
- Junior Consultant, Medica Superspeciality Hospital Kolkata
English, Hindi, Assamese and Bengali