Dr Digvijoy Sharma is a consultant surgical gastroenterologist and minimal access surgeon. He completed his masters in surgery from Kasturba Medical College , Manipal and thereafter served as assistant professor in the Department of General surgery and surgical oncology. He did his G.I and hepatobiliary surgery superspecialization from the renowned Nizams Institute of Medical sciences, Hyderabad. He also holds fellowships in minimal access surgery. He has vast experience in dealing with complex cases involving liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal and biliary tract with special interest in G.I and HPB cancers. He routinely performs upper and lower G.I endoscopies along with endoscopic interventions (biopsy,EVL,APC,sclerotherapy etc).
On the academic front he has published mutiple papers in indexed journals and has presented papers in national and international conferences.
He has also delivered talks on G.I and HPB diseases in various CMEs and conferences.
Field of Expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancers.
- Liver and Pancreas Cancers.
- Portal Hypertension Surgeries.
- Biliary tract Surgeries.
- Weight loss Surgeries.
- Adult Intussusception : a six year experience at a single center. annals of gastroenterology.
- evaluation of patients with perforation peritonitis using manheim’s peritonitis index. international journal of scientific and research publications.
- Biliary Cystadenoma: A rare entity of common misdiagnosis. Tropical Gastroenterology.
- Predictive factors for conversion from laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy: an institutional study. International Surgery journal.
- Intestinal Obstruction Secondary To Duodenal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour. Webmed Central. Gastroenterology
- Malrotation with transverse colon volvulus in early pregnancy: A rare cause for acute intestinal obstruction.
- Intestinal Endometriosis mimicking appendicites: a case report and review of literature. Surgery Chronicles
Assamese, English and Hindi