Along with having a keen interest in pre-hospital care, Dr Soumar also contributes to the overall excellence of the hospital. He is responsible for the training of doctors and paramedics assisting during transport, as many times the patient’s condition turns out to be either critical or fatal because of delay in reaching a definitive health facility.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- First Price in an oral presentation in EMCON 2013.
- Awarded centre for excellence in Emergency Care by SEMI at Hyderabad 2016.
- Oral and poster presentation in various national conferences.
- National Faculty and Chairperson in various sessions in National and regional conferences..
- Course Director for a training program in Emergency Medicine affiliated to SEMI.
- AHA trained ACLS/BLS instructor.
- Emergency Neurology Life Support (USA) – Provider.
- Trainer for basic life support and emergency medical management – Police Training College, Assam.
- National Editor for CCEM Journal, first e-journal for emergency medicine and critical care from North-East India.
- Organizing Chairperson for “Respicrit 2018” Regional Conference on Pulmonary Emergency.
- Patient Safety Officer and member and chairperson of various hospital committees.
- Passive leg raising an indicator of fluid responsiveness in sepsis – National Journal of Emergency Medicine.
- Innovations – Newer Tools in Emergency Medicine, CCEM Journal.
- Snake Bite Protocol- An Indian Perspective, CCEM Journal.
- Coagulopathy in Trauma, CCEM Journal.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Review Article, CCEM Journal.
Posts Held in Past
- Consultant, Department of Emergency Medicine and Critical Care, Rockland Hospital, Qutub, New Delhi.
English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali and Tamil