He is a certified Urologist with additional fellowships in laparoscopic and Robotic Urology. He has gained experience in high volume centers from India and abroad. He has been part of Uro-Robotics and Kidney transplant teams as well. He believes in going the extra mile for patient care and place patient care above all other considerations.
Key Procedures Performed
- Prostate: Bipolar/Monoplar TURP, Laser Prostate surgery and Radical prostatectomy (Robotic)
- Kidney/ureteric/bladder stones: Ureteroscopic lithotripsy, RIRS, PCNL, ureterolithotomy (lap/open) cystolithotripsy
- Upper tract: Laparoscopic open simple/Radical/donor nephrectomy, pyeloplasty (lap/open), Partial nephrectomy( open/Robotic
- Bladder: Transurethral bladder tumor resection(TURBT), Cystectomy (open and Robotic)
- Testicular: Orchidectomy(simple and radical)
- Urethra: Optical internal urethrotomy/Urethroplasty
- Day care procedures: Transrectal Ultrasound guided Prostate biopsy, Circumcision, scrotal surgery
- Robotic Surgeries
- MR TRUS fusion biopsy of Prostate (Cognitive and software guided)
- Laparoscopic surgery
Fields of Expertise
- Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology)
- Urologic Oncology (Prostate, Kidney, Urinary bladder and testicular cancer
Awards & Recognition
- Urologic Society Of India -Olympus EUREP travel award to attend European Resident's Training program (Prague) and observership in centres of excellence (Paris), 2015
- Urology Association of Asia: Young Urologist Award , conferred at Kyoto, Japan , 2018
- KS Memorial Best Video awards at Robotic Surgeons Council of India meeting, 2017 and 2018
- K Ravishankar Uro- Radiology Quiz winner at South Zone Urology society of India Conference: 2015
- Gold medalist in MBBS final Year and PN Krishnamurthy Rao award for highest marks in Pediatrics
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Urologic Society of India (Life member)
- American Urology Association (Member)
- European Association of Urology (Member)
- Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Certified fellow in Advanced Robotic Surgery (Vattikuti Fellowship)
- Robotic Console Certified on Da Vinci Xi and Si Robotic surgical systems)
- Immediate Vs Delayed Prostatectomy and the fate of patients who progress to a higher risk disease on active surveillance Mallya A, Senguttuvan-Karthikeyan V, Sivaraman A, Barret E, Galiano M, Cathala N, et al. Actas Urol Esp. 2019.
- Oncological outcomes and pathological characteristics of cT1 upstaging to pT3a renal cell carcinoma compared with de novo pT3a tumors. Senguttuvan Karthikeyan V, Mallya A, Sivaraman A, Galiano M, Rozet F,Cathala N, Barret E, Mombet A, Prapotnich D, Sanchez-Salas R, Cathelineau X. Actas Urol Esp. 2019 Mar 8.
- Urodynamic profile in posterior urethral valve patients following fulguration: Does age at fulguration matter? Mallya A, Karthikeyan VS, Vijayganapathy S, Poonawala A, Keshavamurthy R. Indian J Urol. 2018 Oct-Dec;34(4):278-282. doi: 10.4103/iju.IJU_148_17.
English, Hindi, Konkani and Kannada