Trained at one of the premier institutes of oncology in India for a total period of 5 years with opportunity of working with world class faculty in the field of Radiation, Surgical and Medical Oncology as well. Up to date with recent practice guidelines with evidence based management approach. Have been a part of major tumor boards with active involvement in decision making in management of common cancers like breast, cervical, prostate, lung cancer etc and also infrequent cancers like brain tumors, childhood tumors etc. Also keen interest in area of preventive oncology for sites like cervical cancer, breast cancer, head and neck cancer.
Posts Held in the past
Senior Resident at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Fields of Expertise
- Radiation Oncology- Tumors like Breast Cancer, Gynecological Cancers, Head and Neck Cancers, Urological Cancers, Lung Cancer, Brain Tumors etc
- Experience with all high end techniques of Radiation therapy like IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, SRS etc
- Preventive Oncology
Awards & Recognition
- Oral Presentation at ASTRO Annual Meeting held in Boston in Sept 2016
- Paper for Gyne Best of ASTRO at Florida in 2016
- 2nd rank in quiz competition on Breast Cancer in Mumbai 2015
- Oral Presentation at State Chapter AROI Mangalore 2015
- Faculty lecture at State chapter AROI Kolhapur 2016
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Member of Association of Radiation Oncologist of India (AROI)
- Member of American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society (IBS)
- Dose-volume correlation of cumulative vaginal doses and late toxicity after adjuvant external radiation and brachytherapy for cervical cancer, Brachytherapy 2017 DOI:10.1002/pbc.27455
- PO-704 Head and Neck (H&N) Rhabdomyosarcoma: Outcomes of Patients with Low and Intermediate Risk Disease, DOI:10.1002/pbc.27455
- Treatment Outcomes of Breast Cancer Oligometastatic to Lung and Liver: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Journal of International Translational Medicine, 2018, 6(4): 147-158. DOI:10.11910/2227-6394.2018.06.04.01
Key Procedures Performed
- More than 100 intracavitatory brachytherapy procedures for cervical cancer treatment.
- Hands on experience with interstitial brachytherapy procedure for various gynecological malignancies and breast cancer.
- Hands on experience with Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT), Stereotactic Conformal Radiotherapy (SCRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) and 3 Dimensional Radiotherapy (3DCRT).
- Experience with Motion Management techniques like DIBH, 4DCT etc for treatment of upper gastrointestinal malignancies and thoracic tumors.