Dr. Kanika Bansal is working as Associate Consultant in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Narayana Hospital Gurugram. She has more than 7 years of experience in Oncology and have been associated with renowned oncology hospitals in the past in Delhi NCR - Batra Hospital, Delhi; Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram; Manipal Hospitals, Delhi. She has numerous publications to credit in national and international journals. Extensive experience in all high-end techniques of external radiation like IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SBRT and SRS, Motion management and respiratory gating as well as intracavitary and intraluminal brachytherapy. Keen interest in managing Breast Cancer, CNS tumors, Gynaecological Cancers, Prostate Cancer and Head and neck Cancers. Actively involved in spreading awareness for prevention, early detection and treatment of cancer.
- MBBS, DNB - Radiotherapy
Post held in past
- Specialist, Radiation Oncology - Manipal Hospitals Delhi
- Senior Resident, Radiation Oncology - Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- DNB Resident, Radiation Oncology - Batra Hospital and Medical Research Center, Delhi
Fields of Expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Head and neck Cancer
- Gynaecological Cancer
- CNS Malignancies
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Genitourinary cancer
Awards & Recognition
- Best Proffered Paper award for oral paper presentation at ISNOCON 2019
- Distinction in Pathology and Pharmacology in MBBS
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India - AROI
- American society for Radiation Oncology - ASTRO
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology - ESTRO
- European Society for Medical oncology - ESMO
- B. Sarkar, A. Munshi, T. Ganesh, K. Rastogi, K. Bansal, A. Manikandan, B.K. Mohanti, A. Pradhan. Personal, Social, Economic and Professional Challenges faced by Female Radiation Oncologists in South Asia.Clinical Oncology. 2022; 34:E81-E82.
- Rastogi K, Sarkar B, Munshi A, Ganesh T, Bansal K, Pandey VK, Mohanti BK. Analysis of Medical Tourism of Cancer patients in AsiaAfrica-Oceania region and Financial toxicity due to Migration. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phy. 2020;108:E422.
- Sarkar B, Rastogi K, Munshi A, Ganesh T, Bansal K, Tiwari S et al. Audit of Financial, Social and Logistic Concerns of Overseas Cancer Patients Treated at Tertiary Care Centers in New Delhi. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phy. 2019;105:E450-451.
- Sarkar B, Ganesh T, Munshi A, Bansal K, Rastogi K, Tiwari S, Manikandan A, Mohanti BK. In regards to Bogue J, Wan J, Lavey RS, Parsai El. Dosimetric comparison of VMAT with integrated skin flash to 3D field-in-field tangents for left breast irradiation. Journal of applied clinical medical physics. 2019 Feb;20(2):2-9.
- Munshi A, Sarkar B, Vaishya S, Bansal K, Rastogi K, Ganesh T, Mohanti BK. Strip alopecia in highdose VMAT-based stereotactic radiosurgery. Appl Rad Oncol. 2019;8(4):45-48.
- Sarkar B, Rastogi K, Munshi A, Ganesh T, Bansal K, Tiwari S et al. Audit of Financial, Social and Logistic Concerns of Overseas Cancer Patients Treated at Tertiary Care Centers in New Delhi. International Journal of Radiation Oncology and Physics. 2019 Sep; Vol 105(Suppl 1):E450-451
- Bansal K, Vaishya S, Gupta RK, Ahlawat S, Munshi A. Ganglioneuroblastoma of the paracavernous region. Int J Neurooncol 2019,2:24-6
- Bashir I, Bansal K, Chufal K. Evaluation of dysphagia in head and neck cancer patients undergoing Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy. Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2016 Apr; Vol. 119(Suppl 1): S503