An alumnus of the two most prestigious Medical Institutes of our country PGI and AIIMS. He is one of the very few DM Pulmonologist in India. He has completed his MD training in Internal Medicine from PGIMER, Chandigarh, where he has worked in various Superspecialities as a Junior and Senior Resident. He completed his DM training in the Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi . Is an expert in flexible bronchoscopy involving various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, with multiple research papers in international and national Journals. Has been awarded the Lung India Award of 2018 for the best original research in EBUS-TBNA. He has special interest in Sarcoidosis and Pleural diseases.
Rare / Unique Skills
- Conventional and EBUS guided TBNA
Cryo-TBLB(Transbronchial Lung Biopsy)
Thoracoscopy (Flexirigid and Rigid)
Fields of Expertise
- Pulmonology and Critical Care
- Flexible Bronchoscopy (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- EBUS-TBNA, Radial EBUS
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Sleep Related Breathing Disorder(OSA,CSA)
- Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Tuberculosis(Pulmonary and Extra-Pulmonary)
- Pleural Diseases
Awards & Recognition
Lung India Award 2018
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- European Respiratory Society
- Indian Chest Society
- Biswal SK, Mittal S, Hadda V, Mohan A, Khilnani GC, Pandey RM, Guleria R, Madan K. 1% versus 2% lignocaine for airway anesthesia in endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration: A pilot, double-blind, randomized controlled trial. Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society. 2018 Nov; 35(6):467.
- Madan K, Biswal SK, Mittal S, Hadda V, Mohan A, Khilnani GC, Pandey RM, Guleria R. 1% Versus 2% Lignocaine for Airway Anesthesia in Flexible Bronchoscopy Without Lignocaine Nebulization (LIFE). Journal of bronchology & interventional pulmonology. 2018 Apr 1; 25(2):103-10.
- Nebulized Lignocaine for topical Anesthesia in No-Sedation Bronchoscopy (NEBULA): A randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Lung India [Ahead of print for July-August 2019 Issue]
- Guidelines for Diagnostic Flexible Bronchoscopy in Adults: Joint ICS/NCCP (I)/IAB Recommendations. Lung India [Ahead of print for July-August 2019 Issue].
- Cricothyroid versus Spray-as-you-go method for Topical anaesthesia during flexible Bronchoscopy: The CRISP Randomized Clinical Trial. Respiration [Manuscript accepted for publication]
Hindi, English and Oriya