Dr Jayaprakash Jayavelu is the Chief Physiotherapist of Narayana Superspecialty Hospital, Gurugram and Dharamshila Narayana Superspecialty Hospital, Delhi. He has worked as a Chief Physiotherapist in Medanta Institute of Neurosciences, Medanta the Medicity Hospital, Gurugram. He has also worked as a Team Leader in Physiotherapy at Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon and Max Heart and Vascular Institute, Saket, Delhi. He has worked in a teaching position in the Combined Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun. He has presented papers at various national and international conferences. He is a member of the academic board of studies in many universities. He has pursued as well as guided various research projects. His keen interest is in the rehabilitation of stroke patients, head injury patients, orthopaedic and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy: 1994-1998
- Masters in Physiotherapy: 2002 - 2004
Fields of Expertise
a. Stroke Rehabilitation
b. Head Injury Rehabilitation
c. Rehabilitation of patients with Movement Disorders
d. Vestibular Rehabilitation
e. Spinal cord injury Rehabilitation
f. Spine Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
b. Restrictive Lung Diseases
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
a. Joint Rehabilitation
b. Replacement after Joint Replacement
- Oncology Rehabilitation
a. Lymphedema Therapy
b. Rehabilitation after Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
c. Rehabilitation after Oncology Surgery
Awards & Recognition
- Got “Lifetime Achievement Award” in Ortho-Physio Enclave held at Medanta the Medicity Hospital, Gurugram, Aug 2019
- Awarded “Best Clinician” award in Annual Multidisciplinary Conference held in AIIMS
- Recognition award for “Significant Contribution in the Field of Neuro Rehabilitation” by NEURAXIS 2013
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member in Indian Association of Physiotherapists.
- Member of Editorial Board of Indian Journal of Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist.
- Member of Board of Studies of SGT University, Gurugram
- Member of Board of Studies in Amity University, Noida
- Member of Board of Studies of Physiotherapy Department in Delhi Pharmaceutical studies and Research Institute, New Delhi.
- Arya Tanuj , Jayaprakash J, Gupta Charu, Yadav Kirti. Comparative Effects of Aerobic Training, Resistance Training and Combined Training on Blood Glycemic Levels and Quality of Life in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients. The Physiotherapy Post. Vol 1/Issue I/June 2009.
- Katyal, Ruchi; Ali Moiz, Jamal; Jayaprakash, J. A Longitudinal Study to Analyse & Quantify Functional Capacity Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy; Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p139.
- Nural Saba, Md Haider Ali, Nusrat Hamdani, Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Ghazi Sharique Ahmad. Effects of Force platform Biofeedback versus Mirror Biofeedback on Balance in Stroke patients – International Journal of Scientific Research. Volume: 4, Issue: 4, April – 2015
- Angja B., Jayaprakash J., Amit S., Shilpa S., Epidemiology of Multiple Sclerosis Patients – An Observational Study – The Physiotherapy Post – Jan-March 2015
- Shilpa Matoo, Jayaprakash J., Avinash Singh. Neurocognitive Consequences of Sleep Deprivation in Hospital Staff. The Physiotherapy Post – Jan-March 2015
- Jayaprakash J., Shilpa Mattoo, S. M. Irfan, Sachin Jain., A. N. Jha. , Clinical Outcome of Head Injury Patients and their Return to Work Status – A Prospective Follow Up Study. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy – An International Journal; Vol 10/4/Oct – Dec 2016
- J. Jayavelu., M. I. Shaikh, S. Saxena., J. Sehgal, A. Garg, S. Singh, S. Jain, and A.N. Jha. The outcome of Different Types of Stroke Patients and their functional status at 3 months - A Prospective Follow up Study. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 129. 2016. (Abstract)
- M. I. Shaikh., S, Saxena, J. Jayavelu., Jyoti Sehgal and M. Thomas. Comparison of Functional Outcome in Hemorrhagic and Ischaemic Stroke Measured by Modified Rankin Scale and Barthel Index. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 129. 2016. (Abstract)
- S. Saxena., M. I. Shaikh, J. Jayavelu., J. Sehgal, A. Garg. Influence of Hemispheric Lateralization on Functional recovery of Patients with Stroke. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 238. 2016 (Abstract)
- Ravneet Kaur Lall, Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Srishti Saxena, Jyoti Sehgal. Recovery in Stroke Patients based on functional independence measure - An Observational Study. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 238. 2016 (Abstract)
- N. Govathi., A, Gupta, J. Jayavelu, K P Yeptho, J. Sehgal, A. Garg. Functional Outcome Measurements of Swallowing Rehabilitation Therapy in Acute Stroke Patients with Oropharyngeal Dysphagia. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 241, 2016 (Abstract)
- K. Sanariya, A. Muniem, S. Singh, M. Thomas, A. Bansal, J. Sehgal, G. Goel, V. Gupta, J. Jayavelu and A. Garg. Clinicoradiological Profile And Functional Outcomes In Different Categories Of Stroke Patients In Tertiary Care Center – a Prospective Study. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 11(Suppl 3), 216, 2016 (Abstract)
- Jayaprakash J., Sachin Jain, Satheesh D., Weaning Complete Cervical Cord Injury Patients from Mechanical Ventilator Support - A Case Series. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR).
- Shilpa Mattoo, Jayaprakash J.. Incidence of Different Types of Head Injury Patients and their functional outcomes – An Experience in a Superspeciality Hospital. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy – An International Journal- July- Sept 2017
- Ravneet Kaur Lall, Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Srishti Saxena, Jyoti Sehgal. Functional Gain in Stroke Patients Based on Functional Independence Measure. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy – An International Journal- July- Sept 2017
- Jayaprakash Jayavelu., S. M. Irfan., Srishti Saxena., Sachin Jain., Jyoti Sehgal, Arun Garg, Ajaya Nand Jha. Outcome Of Different Types Of Stroke Patients And Their Functional Status At 3 Months - A Prospective Follow Up Study – International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). Dec 2017
- Govathi K., Akanksha G., Jayaprakash Jayavelu., Jyoti Sehgal., Arun Garg., Functional Outcome Measurement of Speech and Swallowing in Acute Stroke Patients – EC NEUROLOGY NOV 2017
- J Jayavelu, I Sheikh, J Sehgal, A Garg. Analysis Of Various Contributing Risk Factors In Young Stroke And Their Incidence-A Prospective Analysis. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 13, 110-110. 2018.
- Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Jasobanta Sethi, Sahil Kohli, Tariq Matin. Efficacy of tongue Stimulation in Neurorehabilitation – A Narrative Review. Medico-Legal Update – An International Journal, April- June 2021; Vol 21 (02); 667-671.
- Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Jasobanta Sethi, Sahil Kohli, Tariq Matin. Effect of Electrical Stimulation of Tongue in Rehabilitation – A Systematic Review. Universal Journal of Public Health, 2021; 9 (5): 253-262
- J Jayavelu, J. Sethi, S. Kohli, S. Gupta, T. Matin. Effect of tongue stimulation on cardiopulmonary parameters in Stroke Patients. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 16 (2_Suppl), 154, 2021. (Abstract)
- J Jayavelu, J. Sethi, S. Kohli, T. Matin. Effect of Periglossal Electrical Stimulation in Improving Hand Functions in Stroke Patients - (Protocol Publication). INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE 16 (2_Suppl), 167. 2021. (Abstract)
- Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Jasobanta Sethi, Sahil Kohli, Sachin Gupta, Tariq Matin. Effect of Periglossal Electrical Stimulation on Haemodynamic Parameters in Stroke Patients – An Experimental Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 16 (1), YC01 - YC03, 2022.
- Jayaprakash Jayavelu, Jasobanta Sethi, Sahil Kohli, Tariq Matin. Effect of Tongue Stimulation on Upper Extremity Recovery in Stroke Patients – A Randomized Controlled Trial. Universal Journal of Public Health, 2022; 10 (1): 25-33