Dr. Shivani Deswal is clinical lead & senior consultant in Pediatric Gastroenterology & Transplant Hepatology at Narayana Hospital Gurugram.
She has 14+ years of rich experience in this field. She completed DNB Pediatrics from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi and senior residency from reputed institutions in the country - Maulana Azad Medical College, AIIMS ( New Delhi ), and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. Thereafter, she pursued the Indian Academy of Pediatrics Fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Liver Transplant from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. She subsequently did short-term training in Pediatric Endoscopy from Jaswant Rai Super Speciality Hospital & AIIMS, New Delhi. Dr. Shivani Deswal was an Ex. Associate professor of pediatrics at PGIMER and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi for 6 years, where she was instrumental in starting exclusive Pediatric endoscopy services. Prior to joining NH, She was working as a senior consultant in department of Pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and liver transplant at Medanta, The Medcity, Gurugram for 3 years. She has 30 publications to her credit.
- DNB (Pediatrics)
- IAP Fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Hepatology & Liver Transplant
Fields of Expertise
- Liver Disease ( Acute Liver Failure, Neonatal Cholestasis, Chronic Liver Disease, Fatty Liver ) and Liver Transplant Care
- Pediatric / Infant Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Manometry: Esophageal Manometry, 24-hour PH Impedance Study, Anal Manometry
- Biofeedback Therapy for Refractory Constipation & Rumination
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Functional Abdominal Pain, Functional GI & Motility Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Nutrition ( Poor Growth / Overweight ) & Feeding Difficulties
Awards & Recognition
- Academic Award Grant by APNM 2022 & 2nd prize at 8th Annual Conference of ISPGHAN (2021) on research study titled “Prevalence of Dyssynergia in children with chronic constipation and effectiveness of biofeedback therapy: An initial experience from India”.
- 3rd prize in “Effectiveness of biofeedback therapy in children with pelvic floor dyssynergia: A one-year single group follow-up study” at 8th Annual Conference of ISPGHAN (2022)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member, Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) and IAP Gurgaon
- Life Member of ISPGHAN (Indian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition)
- Executive Member, Celiac Support Organization (CSO)