Dr. Lalit Kumar is a multifaceted orthopaedic surgeon with experience of more than 15 years. He has completed post-graduation MS Orthopaedics from PGIMER- Chandigarh, most premier institute of India. He has cultivated his skills at UCMS & GTB hospital as senior resident and as clinical fellowship joint replacement in Sant Parmanand Hospital New Delhi. He has served as Assistant Professor Orthopaedics in AIIMS New Delhi and CIO, Safdarjung Hospital, most premier institute in India. He has further acquired advanced skills in Trauma and Spine at various institutes in India and abroad. Dr. Kumar has been part of more than 13000 orthopaedic surgeries including 7000 personally performed cases. In last 6 years his focus turn towards the spine deformities and geriatric joint related cases including spine motion preserving non-fusion and joint preserving/replacement surgeries. Dr. Kumar is actively involved in post graduate teaching and participated as faculty in various courses.
- MBBS, MS (Ortho) PGIMER-Chandigarh
Post held in past
- Consultant Orthopaedics Trauma & Spine Surgery, Artemis Health Institute, 2017-18
- Clinical Fellowship Spine, Artemis Health Institute, 2017
- Assistant Professor, Central Institute of Orthopaedics (CIO), Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, 2015-2017
- Assistant Professor Department of Orthopaedics, AIIMS New Delhi, 2012-2014
- Clinical Fellowship Arthroplasty, DITO, Sant Parmanand Hospital, New Delhi, 2011-2012
- Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics, UCMS & GTB Hospital Delhi, 2008-2011
Fields of Expertise
- 3D Computer Navigated Spine and Joint Replacement
- Revision Spine and Joint Replacement Surgeries
- Motion Preservation and Disc Replacement Surgeries
- Endoscopic and Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis and Kyphosis Deformity Correction Surgeries
- Complex Trauma, Revision Trauma, Spine Trauma and Pelvic Acetabular Surgeries
- Pain Management and Radiofrequency Procedures for Spine and Other Joints
- Geriatrics Trauma and Degenerative Spine and Knee Care
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Association of North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Member of Association of AO Trauma and AO Spine
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Member of Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Member of Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA)
- Conducted thesis work of one and half year duration on the topic titled “Early diagnosis of Avascular necrosis using MRI and Nuclear Scan in post-traumatic posterior dislocation of hip” submitted for the partial fulfillment for the award of MS (Master of Surgery) degree in Orthopaedic surgery.
- Post-tubercular stiff hip with fracture of the proximal femur treated with total hip arthroplasty: a rare case scenario. Amite Pankaj, Lalit Kumar, Sharma Gaurav. J. of clinical Orthopaedic and trauma. Dec.2010; vol.1, issue 2:112-114.
- Transforaminal epidural Etanercept for the treatment of prolapsed lumbar intervertebral disc induced sciatica. Ashish Dagar, Ramesh Kumar, Abhishek Kashyap, Vinay Prabhat, Hitesh Lal, Lalit Kumar. J. of clinical Orthopaedic and trauma. 2017 Apr-June (8).
- Inserting pedicle screws in lumber Spondylolisthesis-The easy bone conserving way. Hitesh Lal, Lalit Kumar, Ramesh Kumar, Tankeshwar baruah, Pankaj kumar Jindal, Vinod kumar Sabharwal. J. of clinical Orthopaedic and trauma. March 2017.
- Level of Satisfaction in Patients attending Government Health Facilities of AIIMS, New Delhi, Outreach Outpatient Department, Badsa, Jhajjar, Haryana, India. Arvind Kumar, Birakta Debbarma, Anup Singh, Kuldeep Kumar, Anupam K Singh, Prayas Sethi, Arvind Kumar, Lalit Kumar, Shakti K Gupta. JRFHHA. January 2018. DOI: 10.5005/jp-journals-10035-1087
Hindi, English and Punjabi.