Dr DN Saksena has more than 35 years of experience in the field of Ophthalmology. He did his MBBS and MS (Ophthalmology) from the prestigious Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU). He worked at Lady Harding Medical College and at Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital at New Delhi. He went on to work in UK as a clinical attaché at Scunthorpe Hospital, Northern Lincolnshire Don Caster (UK). He attained his Fellowship International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO) UK and FRCS Ophthalmology I & II Glasgow. Dr Saksena later moved to Riyadh (KSA) to work for the Ministry of Health as Consultant Ophthalmologist. Academically, he has been associated with various Medical Colleges (Delhi NCR) as a senior faculty member.
- MBBS (BHU), MS (BHU), Fellow International council of Ophthalmology(UK), FRCS I,II (Glasgow, UK)
Post held in past
- Consultant Eye Specialist
Fields of Experience
- Cataract & Uveitis
- Community Ophthalmology
Awards & Recognition
- Clinical attaché in Department of Ophthalmology by Scunthorpe Hospital, Northern Lincolnshire, UK.
- “Service Above self” award for organizing Eye Camps for school children by Rotary Organization, Gurgaon.
- Winner of Ophthalmic Quiz by Delhi Ophthalmic Society, New Delhi.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member, All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), New Delhi.
- Life Member, Delhi Ophthalmic Society (DOS), New Delhi
- Life Member, Haryana Ophthalmic Society (HOS), Rohtak.
- Member, Saudi Ophthalmic Society (SOS), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Asian Journal of Medical Research titled “Association of Serum Lipid levels in Patients of Type 2 Diabetic Retinopathy and without Retinopathy” April-June 2019.
- Annals of International Medical and Dental Research titled “A Population Based Study on Pediatric Ocular Trauma and Measures for Prevention of Monocular Blindness” June 19.
- Annals of Ophthalmology titled “Estimation of Anti Nuclear Antibodies (ANA) in serum and aqueous humor in Primary Simple Glaucoma and Acute Anterior Uveitis.”
Key Procedures Performed
- He has performed various ophthalmic surgeries such as glaucoma surgery (TRAB, shunt, LASER trabeculoplasty), cataract surgery and various oculoplasty procedures
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Dr Saksena believes in giving his professional opinion with honesty and empathy to all his patients.
English, Hindi, Arabic