Dr. Indu Bansal Aggarwal is working as Director and Senior Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology in Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurgaon. She has more than 20 year experience in the field. She has rich experience of working in some of the best hospitals as Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Batra Hospital, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. She has done Fellowship from renowned MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas. She has co-authored book chapters and has numerous publications to her credit in National and International journals. She is an invited speaker in various conferences of repute. She has many awards to her credit. She is skilled in all high end techniques of radiation as SRS, FSRS, SBRT, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, Gating, intracavitary, intraluminal and interstitial brachytherapy. Her special areas of interest are Central nervous system tumors, Breast, Head and neck cancers, Pediatric tumors and in Young and Adult Oncology. She is very actively involved in creating awareness about cancer, its prevention, early diagnosis, rehabilitation of patients and motivation of patients and caregivers. She treats her patients with utmost empathy and believes in giving affordable, easily accessible healthcare with utmost precision, quality and accuracy.
Fields of Expertise
- Central Nervous Tumors
- Breast, Head and Neck, Pediatric tumors
- Young and Adult Oncology
Key Procedures Performed
- All high end techniques of radiation as SRS, FSRS, SBRT, SRT, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, Gating, Intracavitary, Intraluminal and Interstitial Brachytherapy.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Life member of AROI (LM-489)
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (HAR/1886/10/22/113407/2004-05/CL)
- Member of Delhi Medical Council-29826
- Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society
- Member of Association Of Neuro-Oncology of India
- Haryana Medical Council (HN- 3155)
Co – editor of book - “Step by Step Radiation Therapy : Treatment and Planning” published by Jaypee Brothers in Oct, 2015.and co-author of Book chapter “Radiation therapy accompaniments and their management “.
Bansal I, Panda D, Rathi AK, Anand AK, Bansal AK. Rationale, indications, techniques and applications of interstitial brachytherapy for carcinoma cervix. Asian J Oncol, 2016;2:59-78.
Sekhon JS, Naik N, Bansal I, Bansal P, Dhull A, Goel A. Practical consensus recommendations for gestational brest cancer. The South As J Canc 2018; 7(2):115-8.
Bansal I, Das BP, Kumar A, Hooda HS, Manocha KK. Chemoradiation in the management of locally advanced cancer of uterine cervix. Asian J Obs Gynae Practice Dec 1999-Feb 2000; 4(1): 37-41. (ISSN 0971-8788).
Bansal I, Kaushal V. High dose rate versus low dose rate intracavitary brachytherapy in the treatment of carcinoma of the cervix. Radiat Oncol Jan-June 2002; Vol.2 No.1: 31-8.
Bansal I, Rawat S, Kataria T. High dose rate intraluminal brachytherapy in the treatment of carcinoma bronchus. Radiat Oncol Jan-June 2003.
Bansal I, Kataria T, Rawat S. Treatment of locally advanced carcinoma of the cervix. Current Med J Ind May 2004; Vol.10 No.2: 31-8.
Bansal I,Mishra M. Current treatment of Medulloblastoma. Radiation Oncology July-Dec 2010; Vol.10 No.2:53-59.
Kaushal V, Mahajan R, Bansal I, Rathee AS, Rattan KN, Sharma NK. Orbital Langerhans Histiocytosis: Case report and review of literature. Ophthalmology Today Jan-Apr 2002;Vol. III No. 1&2:20-22. (ISSN No.0972-3323)
Kaushal V, Bansal I, Kaushal J, Aggarwal H. Chemotherapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma: With what and when? Orthopaedics Today Jan- March 2002; Vol. IV No.1: 48-52. (ISSN No.0972-1139)
Posts Held in the past
- Senior Consultant and Unit Head (Artemis Hospitals, Gurgaon)
- Senior Consultant (Max Super-specialty Hospital, Saket)
Awards and Recognitions
- “BEST CANCER SPECIALIST IN GURGAON” certificate by Times Research Group for year 2009-2010
- “Dr. Frank Neal/CD Fellowship” by Association of Radiation Oncologists of India and underwent one month training as an observer at AIIMS from 01-10-04 to 31-10-04.
- “Rajiv Gandhi excellence Award” by Indian Solidarity Council on 22nd August, 2014.
- “National Mahila Gold Rattan Award” by International Institute of Education and Research on 22nd August, 2014
- Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas in October 2014.
- “Golden Citizen of India” award by International Institute of Education and Research on 17th October, 2014.