Dr. Indu Bansal Aggarwal is working as Director and Senior Consultant, in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurgaon. She has done Fellowship from world renowned MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas. She has more than 22 years of experience and has worked in best Oncology hospitals as Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Batra Hospital, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, and Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. She has co-authored various book chapters and has numerous publications to her credit in National and International journals. She is the Chief Editor of Asian Society of Cardio Oncology newsletter. She has been chosen as Pink Ambassador for Global Enterpreneurs Cloque to create awareness about cancer. She is an invited speaker at various national and international conferences of repute. She has many awards to her credit as “Best oncologist of Gurgaon” by Times research Group, National Mahila Rattan Gold Medal award, Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award etc. to name a few. She has various articles in leading English and Hindi magazines and newspapers. She has done hundreds of School and community awareness programs to create awareness about cancer and for its early detection.
She is professionally highly skilled in all high-end techniques of external and internal radiation as SRS, FSRS, SBRT, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, Gating, intracavitary, intraluminal, and interstitial brachytherapy. Her keen areas of interest are Central nervous system tumors, Breast, Head, and neck cancers, Pediatric tumors and in Young and Adult Oncology. She is very actively involved in creating awareness about cancer, its prevention, early diagnosis, rehabilitation of patients, and motivation of patients and caregivers. She treats her patients with the utmost empathy and believes in giving affordable, easily accessible healthcare with utmost precision, quality, and accuracy.
She is one of the Best Oncologists in Gurugram, known for giving the best-in-class Radiation Oncology services at Narayana Health group. She treats patients with comfort and compassion through meticulous treatment plans. Apart from that, she renders the most affordable and accessible treatment to her cancer patients'. For her, extending life and providing dignity to the patients is the supreme priority. She walks an extra mile to help the patients and their caregivers. That makes her one of the Best cancer doctors in Gurugram. She has vast experience in treating not just initial but also advanced and terminal stages of diseases where she works hard to maintain the quality of life of the patients. She also has professional memberships and certificates as a Life member of AROI (LM-489), a Life Member of the Indian Medical Association (HAR/1886/10/22/113407/2004-05/CL), Member of Delhi Medical Council-29826, Member of the Indian Brachytherapy Society, Indian Society of Neuro-oncology and founder member of Asian Society of Cardio-Oncology.
Dr. Indu not only helps you in rejuvenating your health but, she also guides you to a healthy diet and lifestyle that helps to replenish new energy in your body and mind. Yes, she understands that psychological health is equally crucial to treat a patient with cancer. If you are searching for an oncologist in Gurugram, then approach Dr. Indu Bansal.
Fields of Expertise
- Central Nervous Tumors
- Breast, Head and Neck, Pediatric tumors
- Young and Adult Oncology
Key Procedures Performed
- All high end techniques of radiation as SRS, FSRS, SBRT, SRT, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, Gating, Intracavitary, Intraluminal and Interstitial Brachytherapy.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Life member of AROI (LM-489)
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (HAR/1886/10/22/113407/2004-05/CL)
- Member of Delhi Medical Council-29826
- Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society
- Member of Association Of Neuro-Oncology of India
- Haryana Medical Council (HN- 3155)
- Founder member of Asian Society of Cardio-Oncology.
BOOK CHAPTERS PUBLISHED
- Contributed a book chapter-“Radiation therapy: Accompaniments and their management” in book published “Step by Step Radiation Therapy: Treatment and Planning” published by Jaypee Brothers in Oct, 2015.
- The Bethseda Handbook of Clinical Oncology South Asia edition 2021 published by Wolters Kluver ISBN: 9789389859638- contributed 4 book chapters in Gynecology section
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Vulval cancer
- Bansal I, Debashis P, Anand AK, Bansal AK. Rationale, indications, techniques and applications of interstitial brachytherapy for carcinoma cervix. Asian J Oncol Jul-Dec 2016; 2 (2): 69-88.
- Bansal I, Das BP, Kumar A, Hooda HS, Manocha KK. Chemoradiation in the management of locally advanced cancer of uterine cervix. Asian J Obs Gynae Practice Dec 1999-Feb 2000; 4(1): 37-41. (ISSN 0971-8788).
- Bansal I, Kumar A, Dhankar R, Marwah N. Adrenal carcinoma presenting as Cushing’s syndrome: a case report. Oncology Forum 2002;5(3):8-11.(ISSN1027-779X)
- Kaushal V, Bansal I, Rattan KN. Feminizing adrenal adenoma presenting as isosexual precocious puberty. Published in The Indian Journal of Pediatrics. (ISSN No. 0019-5456)
- Management of gynecological malignancies in Covid period in Bioservices, innovation for future 2020
- Naik SN, Bansal P, Bansal I, Dhull A, Ramachandran CS, Shinde S, Aggarwal S, Parikh PM. Practical consensus recommendations for gestational breast cancer. South Asian J can April 2018; 7(2):115-117. ISSN: 2278-330X
- Kaushal V, Bansal I. Dysgerminoma ovary: A gynaecologist’s dilemma. Obs & Gynae April 2000; 5(4): 251-254. (ISSN No. 0971-8133)
- Ghalaut PS, Aggarwal H, Singh V, Bansal I, Rashmi. Leukemias in the elderly. J Ind Acad Clin Med Oct- Dec 2000; 1(3): 239-245. (ISSN No. 0972-3560)
- Bansal I, Kaushal V, Aggarwal H. Malignancy in AIDS: Institutional management or home care Ind J Med Scien March 2001; 55(3): 159-165. ( Licence No.147)
- Kaushal J, Bansal I, Aggarwal A, Aggarwal H. Bone marrow transplantation for cancer patients. HMJ Feb-march 1999; 19(5&6): 4-5. (ISSN No.0971-892)
- Kaushal J, Aggarwal A, Bansal I. Guidelines for administering cancer chemotherapy. HMJ1999; 19(7,8,10): 8-9. (ISSN No.0971-892.)
- Aggarwal H, Kaushal J, Bansal I. The correct techniques of hand washing for doctors. HMJ 2000; 20(9): 27-9. (ISSN No.0971-892.)
- Kaushal V, Mahajan R, Bansal I, Rathee AS, Rattan KN, Sharma NK. Orbital Langerhans Histiocytosis: Case report and review of literature. Ophthalmology Today Jan-Apr 2002;Vol III No. 1&2:20-22. (ISSN No.0972-3323)
- Kaushal V, Bansal I, Kaushal J, Aggarwal H. Chemotherapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma : With what and when? Orthopaedics Today Jan- March 2002; Vol IV No.1: 48-52. (ISSN No.0972-1139)
- Kaushal J, Bansal I, Agggarwal A, Aggarwal H. Bone marrow transplantation in cancer. JIMI March 2002:5(1); 18-21. (ISSN No.0972-1096)
- Aggarwal H, Bansal I, Kaushal J. Gleevec: A novel therapeutic agent in chronic myeloid leukemia. Radiation Oncology Jan-June 2002; Vol.2 No.1:23-7.
- Bansal I, Kaushal V. High dose rate versus low dose rate intracavitary brachytherapy in the treatment of carcinoma of the cervix. Radiat Oncol Jan-June 2002; Vol.2 No.1: 31-8.
- Bansal I, Rawat S, Kataria T. High dose rate intraluminal brachytherapy in the treatment of carcinoma bronchus. Radiat Oncol Jan-June 2003.
- Bansal I, Kataria T. Genetic counselling in breast cancer. Radiation Oncology July-Dec 2003; Vol.3 No.2: 52-8.
- Bansal I, Kataria T, Rawat S. Treatment of locally advanced carcinoma of the cervix. Current Med J Ind May 2004; Vol.10 No.2: 31-8.
- Bansal I, Mishra M. Current treatment of Medulloblastoma. Radiation Oncology July-Dec 2010; Vol.10 No.2:53-59.
- Published a crossword in “ Radiation Oncology, Vol. 1, No. 1,Jul-Dec 2001”
- Facts about Cervical cancer vaccines. Trendz in Medical World Vol.3 /Issue 3/October-December-2010 a quarterly health magazine.
- How to prevent female cancers ?Vanita magazine
- Big or small save them all: your body is a love letter, write health on it. In Women’s Era June 2017 edition.
- Cancer Bhagao magazine in 2017
- How advances in radiation treatment delivery have made lives of cancer patients better? In Outlook Feb 10, 2020 edition.
- Ways to win the cancer fight and celebrate life! In Outlook March 16, 2020 edition.
- Senior Consultant and Unit Head (Artemis Hospitals, Gurgaon)
- Senior Consultant (Max Super-specialty Hospital, Saket)
- “BEST CANCER SPECIALIST IN GURGAON” certificate by Times Research Group for year 2009-2010
- “Dr. Frank Neal/CD Fellowship” by Association of Radiation Oncologists of India and underwent one month training as an observer at AIIMS from 01-10-04 to 31-10-04.
- “Rajiv Gandhi excellence Award” by Indian Solidarity Council on 22nd August, 2014.
- “National Mahila Gold Rattan Award” by International Institute of Education and Research on 22nd August, 2014
- Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas in October 2014.
- Sabla Samman 2020
- “Golden Citizen of India” award by International Institute of Education and Research on 17th October, 2014.
Leading Magazine articles
Posts Held in the past
Awards and Recognitions
English, Hindi, Haryanavi