Dr Anurag Gupta is a dynamic neurosurgeon, with over 10 years of experience after doing his graduation and training from the prestigious Kasturba Medical college, Manipal Karnataka
He is field of work includes neurotrauma, brain tumours, vascular surgery , skull base surgery, TNTS, neuroendoscopy, navigation guided surgery and DBS and functional neurosurgery. He is also routinely performs paediatric neurosurgical procedure including tumours , ETV, VP shunt. He has keen interest in minimally invasive neurosurgery.
He is also an expert in minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS) , and routinely doing MIS decompression and TLIF for the spine, spinal tumours
He has been a part of successful DBS program and has vast experience in Functional neurosurgery .
- MBBS, MS, M.Ch
Post held in past
- consultant – Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj
- Associate consultant- Fortis Memorial Research Institute
Fields of Experience
- Spine surgery
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Neurological Society of India
- Neurological Surgeon's Society of India
- Cerebrovascular Society of India
- Shetty A, Kini A, Gupta A, Kumar A, Upadhyaya S. Management of traumatic atlanto-axial instability: A retrospective study of eight cases. Indian J Orthop. 2012 Jan;46(1):86-91
- Gupta A, Chacko A, Anil MS, Karanth SS, Shetty A. Pencil in the brain: a case of temporal lobe abscess following an intracranial penetrating pencil injury. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2011;47(4):307-8
- Gupta A, Raja A, Mahadevan A, Shankar SK. Toxoplasma granuloma of brainstem: a rare case. Neurol India. 2008 Apr-Jun;56(2):189-91.
- Eshwara VK, Munim F, Shetty A, Gupta A, Nitin J, Mukhopadhyay C. Corynebacterium minutissimum infecting pseudomeningocele: A rare case. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2012 Sep 22. pii: S1684-1182(12)00158-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jmii.2012.07.014
- Gupta A, Karanth SS, Raja A Infratentorial subdural empyemas mimicking pyogenic meningitis.J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2013 Apr;4(2):213-5
- Gupta A, Singh H, Patir R, Wadhawan R. Shunt entrapment: Unusual placement of the distal end inside the falciform ligament. Neurol India 2015;63:991-2
- Suman karanth, Anurag gupta.Intracerebral bleed, right hemiparesis and seizures: an atypical presentation of vivax malaria. BMJ case reports 01/2014; 2014
- Suman S Karanth, Anurag Gupta. Pure cerebellitis due to scrub typhus: a unique case report. Tropical Doctor. 01/2013; 43(1):41-2.
- Karanth SS, Bhat R, Gupta A. Refractory hypocalcemia precipitated by dual infection with typhoid fever and hepatitis A in a patient with congenital hypoparathyroidism. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012 Aug;5(8):667-8.
- Karanth SS, Gupta A, Prabhu M. Unilateral massive hemothorax in Dengue hemorrhagic fever: a unique presentation. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012 Sep;5(9):753-4.
Key Procedures Performed
- Surgeries for cranial trauma, like decompresive hemicraniotomy, craniotomy for EDH
- Surgical evacuation of intracranial hemorrhages
- Neuro-oncology- High grade gliomas, meningiomas, low grade gliomas, frontal and temporal lobectomies, metastasis, acoustic schwannoma, pituitary tumours, colloid cysts
- Neuro-vascular- Clipping of aneurysms, excision of arterio-venous malformations
- Spine- Minimally invasive or key hole surgery for Spinal canal stenosis, disc problems, and Intradural extramedullary tumours. Spinal instrumentations, artificial cervical disc replacements, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.
- Functional surgery- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinsons disease, Vagal nerve stimulator for epilepsy, sacral nerve stimultor.
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Minimally invasive spine surgery ( MISS)
- Trans portal cranial surgery
Hindi, English, Kannada