Dr. Tariq Matin is working as Senior Consultant Interventional Neuroradiology at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram and Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi. He has been trained at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has also undergone fellowship programme under Dr. Georges Rodesch(President WFITIN) at Foch Hospital, Suresnes, France. He specializes in the treatment of vascular disorders of the brain and spine like coiling of aneurysms, embolization of the AVM (arterio-venous malformations), stenting in intracranial and extra cranial atherosclerotic disease and tumor embolization. His primary area of interest remains in the treatment of acute ischemic stroke using mechanical and chemical thrombolytic agents and endovascular coiling of complex aneurysms.
Field of Expertise
- Endovascular treatment in Acute Ischemic stroke
- Intracranial aneurysm coiling
- Remodeling techniques in aneurysm coiling
- TCD monitoring for vasospasm
- Endovascular treatment of vasospasm
- Intracranial angioplasties
- Carotid and vertebral angioplasty
- Cerebal AVM embolization
- Dural fistula embolization
Awards and Recognition
- Endovascular treatment of acute stroke with solitaire devices at DNA con annual conference.
- Acute Ischaemic stroke interventions: Ulsan university Hospital, Ulsan South Korea.
- Spine Imaging at Surgical workshop on spine at Artemis, Gurgaon.
- Endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysm,ISVIR national conference AIIMS.
- Invited Guest lectures at NSSI 2016, MP neurocon 2014 & 2016, UP &Uttarakhand Neurocon2014 & 2016, Acute Ischaemic Interventions Annual DNA confwerence 2013
Fellowships / Observerships
- PLANET Course 2015 certification from Faculty of medicine ,University Of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship from Foch Hopital, Suresnes, France
- He was Consultant of Neuroradiology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
- He was Consultant Interventional Neuroradiology on call for Fortis Vasant Kunj and Fortis Escorts Hospital.
- He is visiting Consultant Interventional Neuroradiology at various hospitals in Bhopal, Indore, Lucknow, and Ranchi. Before that he worked as an associate consultant in Interventional Neuroradiology at Medanta, Gurgaon, and AIIMS New Delhi.