Dr Ashok Choudhury is currently working as Senior Consultant And Clinical Lead for the Department of Hepatology and Liver Transplant at Narayana Hospital, Gurugram with 12 years of experience as a hepatologist, liver transplant physician, medical gastroenterologist of national and international repute. Previously he has worked as Associate Professor of Hepatology and Liver Transplant at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (Deemed to be University GNCT Delhi). He is an excellent physician, researcher, academician, philanthropist and social activist too.
- DM (Hepatology)- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
- Liver Transplant observership at Kings College, London; UK
- Visiting Faculty at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond; VA; USA
- MD (Internal Medicine) - SCB Med College Hospital; Cuttack, Odisha
- MBBS (Hons, Gold Medalist) – SCB Med College Hospital; Cuttack, Odisha
Post held in past
- He worked as Associate Professor of Hepatology and Liver Transplant at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (Deemed to be University GNCT Delhi).
Fields of Expertise
- Lead Transplant Hepatologist that includes- pre-transplant evaluation, perioperative care and post-transplant follow up.
- Hepatological Interventions- Liver Biopsy, Transjugular Liver Biopsy(TJLB), Cardiac Catheterization and Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient (HVPG), Fibroscan
- Basic & advanced endoscopic procedures -Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, enteroscopy and associated interventions, ERCP including complicated procedures for post-liver transplant Biliary complications
- Hepatology Critical Care- ICU and HDU management
- Emergency Hepatology
Awards & Recognition
Academic Excellence Award
- Young Investigator Award, Asia Pacific Association for Study of Liver in 2017; Shanghai
- Young Investigator Award, International Liver Transplant Society in 2016 at Seoul.
- Plenary Session and invited Faculty by European Association for Study of Liver in 2016 Barcelona, Spain
- Top ten per cent abstract and fellow travel grant by European Association for Study of Liver in 2015 London, UK
- Delivered 70 international deliberations in 15 countries.
- Covered by the WebMD magazine in Europe.
Social Service Appreciations and Awards
- Kalinga Bharati Seva Samman-2018 by his Excellency the Governor of Odisha Shri Ganeshi Lal
- Pravasi Odia Achievers’ Award -2019 by Hon'ble Union Health Minister Sj Dr Harshvardhan
- Jeevan Jyoti Award- 2019 from National Human Welfare Council by Hon'ble Union Minister Sj Pratap Chandra Sarangi
- Showcase Odisha Award 2019 at Indian Habitat Centre New Delhi
- Charchika Samman 2019- Highest civilian award of his native place Banki
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Societies – AASLD, EASL, APASL, ILTS, INASL. LTSI, ISG, API
- Total Research Publication -106. Citations - 2979 H Index -19.
The research can be found at
- Defining the Golden Window concept from inflammation to Infection in ACLF
- Criteria of Suitability for liver transplant in ACLF
- Transplant Window and Traffic light Concept in ACLF
- Liver failure score (AARC) –most widely used now globally
- Artificial Intelligence model for liver failure
- Technical mentor for Sudhi Box – the UV irradiated box during COVID