Dr. Melba Napolean is working as an Associate Consultant in Department of ENT at Narayana Hospital Gurugram. She completed her undergraduation from St. John's Medical College, Bangalore and went on to do her masters in Otorhinolaryngology from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. She is competent in diagnosing and managing all the various conditions in the ear, nose and throat. She also has completed a 2 year fellowship in Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology from Christian Medical College, Vellore and is proficient with all pediatric ENT conditions.
Post held in past
- Attending Consultant in Max Superspeciality Hospital, Saket
- Senior Resident in BLK Hospital, Delhi and Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Fields of Expertise
- Elective And Emergency Tracheostomy
- Coblation Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy
- Tympanoplasty & Mastoidectomy
- Pre Auricular Sinus Excision
- Septoplasty and FESS
- Microlaryngeal Surgery
- Hearing Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Nasal Dermoid Excision
- Pediatric Endoscopic Management for Laryngomalacia
- Branchial Sinus & Fistula Excision
- Thyroglossal Cyst Excision
Awards & Recognition
- Second prize in Audiology category of CIGICON-2019 for paper on Clinical and audiological outcomes post cochlear implantation in children.
- DST award for participation in the meeting of Nobel laureates and students Physiology & Medicine Lindau, Germany during 1-6 July 2007 for the research work.
- M Napolean, V Rosemol, M John, A M Varghese, J Periyasamy, V Balaji, P Naina Nasopharyngeal colonization of otopathogens in South Indian Children with Acute Otitis Media - A Casecontrol Pilot Study.
- J Otol 2021 Oct;16(4):220-224.