Posts Held in the past
Consultant Cardiac Anesthesia, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Indraprastha Extension, New Delhi.
Fields of Expertise
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia
- Cardiac Critical Care
- Trans Esophageal Echocardiography
- Anesthesia for Heart Failure Surgeries
Awards & Recognition
- 1. Young Investigator Certificate 2016 by the International Society of Blood Transfusion at the 34th International Congress of the ISBT, Dubai, September 3-8, 2016
- 2. Harold Gunson Fellowship 2016 by the International Society of Blood Transfusion at the 34th International Congress of the ISBT, Dubai, September 3-8, 2016
- 3. Kabeer Award 2016, for securing first position at the FIACTA 2016 examination conducted by the IACTA.
- 4. Harold Gunson Fellowship 2015 by the International Society of Blood Transfusion at the 25th Regional Congress of the ISBT, London, United Kingdom, from June 27 - July 1, 2015.
- 5. ICMR International Travel Grant for young Non ICMR Scientists 2014
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- 1. Member of the European Society of Anesthesiology, ESA Membership: 2017, Contact id: a. 224267
- 2. Member of the Indian Association of Cardio Thoracic Anesthesiologists. CLN1343
- 3. Member of the International Society of Blood Transfusion. Membership number: 15662
- 4. Member of the The Simulation Society, The Society of Cardiac Anesthesiology, Delhi a. and NCR, New Delhi, India
- 5. Life member ECMO Society of India 00892017/ LM
English, Hindi, Punjabi
- 1. Narula J, Kiran U, Chauhan S, Ramakrishnan S, Chowdhary A. Electrical Cardiometry in Patients undergoing Cardiac Catheterisation. Int J Periop Ultrasound Appl Technol 2013;2(3):102-107
- 2. Narula J, Chauhan S, Ramakrishnan S, Gupta SK. Electrical Cardiometry: A Reliable Solution to Cardiac Output Estimation in Children With Structural Heart Disease. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2017; 31:912-917.
- 3. Narula J, Kiran U, Malhotra Kapoor P, Choudhury M, Rajashekar P, Kumar Chowdhary U. Assessment of Changes in Hemodynamics and Intrathoracic Fluid Using Electrical Cardiometry During Autologous Blood Harvest. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2017;31:84-89.
- 4. Narula J, Kapoor PM, Balasubramanium U, Kiran U. Prosthetic mitral valve strut masquerading as left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: 3D transesophageal echocardiography comes to the rescue! J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2018;32:e6-e8
- 5. Narula J, Kumar N, Kumar S, Kumar M, Kumar B, Pillai J, Bhuyan RR. Preserved Posterior Mitral Leaflet Mimicking Periannular Mass. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2018; 32(1):e20-e22
- 6. J Narula, U Kiran, P Kapoor, M Choudhury, P Rajashekar and UK Chowdhary. Electrically cardio-metering intraoperative autologous donation. (2016), Abstracts. Vox Sang, 111: 7–305. doi:10.1111/vox.12429
- 7. Kapoor PM, Narula J, Chowdhury UK, Kiran U, Taneja S. Serum albumin perturbations in cyanotics after cardiac surgery: Patterns and predictions. Ann Card Anaesth 2016;19:300-5.
- 8. 7. Choudhury A, Narula J, Kumar P, Aggarwal S, Kiran U. Inverted left atrial appendage: a complication of de-airing during cardiac surgery. Can J Anaesth. 2015 Oct;62(10):1119-20.
- 9. Makhija N, Narula J, Keshri VK, Gupta SK, Talwar S. Unidirectional ventricular septal valved patch for repair of late presenting ventricular septal defect with aortopulmonary window. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2016 Jan-Apr;9(1):90-3.
- 10. Talwar S, Keshri VK, Gupta SK, Narula J, Choudhary SK, Airan B. Valved patch closure of aortopulmonary window. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2018; 26(5):396-399.
- Dr. Jitin Narula is currently working as a Consultant in Cardiac Anesthesiology at Narayana Super Specialty Hospital, Gurugram.
- Dr Jitin Narula completed his MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, M.D in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh and DM in Cardiac Anesthesiology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- After completing his training in cardiac anesthesiology from AIIMS, New Delhi, he has completed the Fellowship in Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesia (FIACTA), and Fellowship in Trans Esophageal Echocardiography (FTEE) from the Indian Association of Cardio Thoracic Anesthesiologists. In 2018, he also accomplished the European Society of Anesthesiology accredited European Diplomate in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care (EDAIC).
- He has more than 6 years of rich experience in Cardiac Anesthesiology and Cardiac Critical Care. In the past, he was associated with Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi as a Consultant in Cardiac Anesthesiology. Besides cardiac anesthesiology, his main interests include Trans Esophageal Echocardiography, anesthesia for heart transplantation and heart failure surgeries and management of patients on Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
- He has contributed numerous research articles in various indexed national and international journals and as an educated and skilled professional, he has good experience in managing adult as well as pediatric cardiac anesthesia for both on pump and off pump cardiac surgeries, thoracic anesthesia for lung isolation, intra operative transoesophageal echocardiography, management of post cardiac surgery patients in cardiac ICU and elective as well as emergency cardiac catheterization laboratory procedures and cardiac radiology suites.
Key Procedures Performed
- Anesthesia for adult as well as pediatric cardiac surgery
- Thoracic anesthesia and lung isolation
- Intra operative transoesophageal echocardiography
- Management of post cardiac surgery patients in cardiac ICU
- Elective as well as emergency cardiac catheterization laboratory procedures.
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Initiation of and maintenance of ECMO in operation theatre and in the ICU.
- Management of cases on Integrated ECMO
- Anesthesia for Heart Failure Surgeries
- Anesthesia for Transcutaneous Aortic Valve Implantation