Dr. Vivekanand Gajapati completed his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Hubli-Karnataka, 1996. He has completed his M D. [Internal Medicine] from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 2000 and DM (Cardiology), PGIMER, Chandigarh in 2005.
Dr. Vivekanand has rich experience of working as Consultant Cardiologist at various hospitals like Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital, Pune (Nov 2006-April 2007), Usha Mullapudi Cardiac Centre, Hyderabad (May 2007-Feb 2009). Since 2009, he has been working as a Consultant Cardiologist & HOD for Department of Cardiology at SDM Narayana Heart Centre, Dharwad, where he has performed over 12,000 Angiograms and over 2,000 Angioplasties till date.
Fields of Expertise
- Interventional Cardiology
Key Procedures Performed
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasties including Emergency and Complex Coronary Intervention
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Device Closure of Congenital Heart Defects.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Cardiology Society of India
- Fellow of American college of Cardiology
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions
Posts Held in Past
Consultant Cardiologist at Usha Mullapudi Cardiac Centre, Hyderabad
Kannada, Hindi and English