Dr Ravi Varma G Patil has completed his MBBS from prestigious Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences in 1996, through state level competitive entrance exam. He then completed his MS (General Surgery) in 1999 from SSG Hospital & Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Gujarat, through All India Entrance Examination. He completed his MCh (CTVS) in 2006 from Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, through National level competitive entrance exam. Then, he went on to do his further subspecialisation, Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in 2009 from Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore.
He has joined SDM Narayana Heart Centre as Senior Consultant & Chief Cardothoracic Surgeon on 1st June, 2020, doing both Adult & Pediatric Cardiac Surgeries. Previously he was working at Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore as Consultant in Cardiac Surgery. Dr Patil has been practising as a Cardiothoracic surgeon since last 15 years, doing all spectrum of both Adult and Paediatric cardiac surgeries, including neonatal arterial switches, single ventricle corrections and AV canal defects to CABGs, Hybrid procedures, Valve surgeries including repairs and Aortic aneurysm surgeries, Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgeries etc. He has performed over 7000 various types of cardiac surgeries so far and is also involved in teaching of DNB Cardiothoracic surgery residents, students of paramedics courses like BSc and MSc in OT technology, Anaesthesia technology, perfusion technology. He has been examiner for same courses.
- MBBS - KIMS Hubli, Karnataka - 1996
- MS (General surgery) - Govt. Medical College & SSG Hospital, Baroda, Gujarat - 1999
- MCh ( CTVS ) - Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology - 2006
- FPCS (Pediatric Cardiac surgery) RGUHS - 2009
Awards & Recognition
- State topper in science student quota in 2nd PUC .
- Gold medal in MBBS
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Registered Life Member of “Karnataka Medical Council”
- Registered member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Registered Member of Indian Medical Association
- Did a thesis on “The Study of Preoperative Anxiety and The Role of Progressive Muscle Relaxation and Guided Imagery in enhancing Post-Operative Recovery” submitted to Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda during Post Graduate Study
- Presented a paper on “Spontaneous Abscess of Corpus Cavernosum” in USI conference, 2001in Nagpur Maharashtra.
- “Successful Management of penetrating chest injury causing Aortopulmonary Shunt” Published in Asian Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Annals 2019.
Key Procedures Performed
- Neonatal arterial switches
- AV canal defects
- Single Ventricle correction surgeries
- Hybrid procedures
- Valve surgeries including repairs
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgeries
Kannada, English & Hindi