Dr. Ravivarma G Patil joined SDM Narayana Heart Centre as Sr. Consultant & Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon in June 2020. He completed his MBBS from prestigious Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences in 1996, MS (General Surgery) in 1999 from SSG Hospital & Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Gujarat, MCh (CTVS) in 2006 from Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in 2009 from Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences. He performs both adult & pediatric cardiac surgeries. Dr. Patil has been practicing as a cardiothoracic surgeon since last 15 Years, doing all spectrum of both adult and paediatric cardiac surgeries.
He has a tremendous experience of performing over 8000 cardiac surgeries. Apart from that, he teaches about cardiothoracic surgery to students of paramedical courses like B.sc & M.sc in 0T technology, anesthesiology, and perfusion technology. He is also an examiner for these courses. He is a member of professional bodies and has National & International journal publications to his credit.
- MBBS - KIMS Hubli, Karnataka - 1996
- MS (General surgery) - Govt. Medical College & SSG Hospital, Baroda, Gujarat - 1999
- MCh ( CTVS ) - Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology - 2006
- FPCS (Pediatric Cardiac surgery) RGUHS - 2009
Post held in past
- Consultant — Cardiac Surgeon — Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore for 15 years.
Awards & Recognition
- State topper in science student quota in 2nd PUC .
- Gold medal in MBBS
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Registered Life Member of “Karnataka Medical Council”
- Registered member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Registered Member of Indian Medical Association
- Did a thesis on “The Study of Preoperative Anxiety and The Role of Progressive Muscle Relaxation and Guided Imagery in enhancing Post-Operative Recovery” submitted to Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda during Post Graduate Study
- Presented a paper on “Spontaneous Abscess of Corpus Cavernosum” in USI conference, 2001in Nagpur Maharashtra.
- “Successful Management of penetrating chest injury causing Aortopulmonary Shunt” Published in Asian Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Annals 2019.
Key Procedures Performed
- Neonatal arterial switches
- AV canal defects
- Single ventricle corrections
- Hybrid procedures
- Valve surgeries including repairs
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgeries
- Adult Cardiac Surgeries
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgeries
Kannada, English & Hindi