Dr. Anshuman Kumar is a well-known and recognized Onco-Surgeon in India. After completing his graduation from Patna Medical College and post-graduation in General Surgery from Aligarh Muslim University, he did his M.Ch. in Onco-Surgery from Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI) in Ahmedabad. He later on pursued MRCS from U.K. (Edinburgh). Dr. Kumar has been awarded Gold Medals for excellence throughout his academic career.
With more than 18 years of clinical experience in Surgical Oncology, Dr. Kumar is designated teacher DNB – Surgical Oncology and Fellowship in Head & Neck Oncology. He has performed more than 28,000 routine and complex Head & Neck cancer surgeries including Commando Surgeries, Laryngectomy, Neck Dissection, Thyroidectomy, Parotidectomy, Craniofacial Resection, Para pharyngeal tumours etc. Breast Cancer Surgeries, Urological Cancer Surgeries, Kidney Cancer, Neobladder Cancer, Testicular & Adrenal Tumour Surgeries HPB & GI Onco Surgeries and Gynae Onco Surgeries etc.
Dr. Kumar has developed various clinical and surgical techniques and protocols for management of complex cancers. He frequently conducts hands-on programs and delivers lectures globally on cancer management. He is an active participant in media debates for the upcoming issues related to cancer and has presented multiple papers and attended various national and international conferences. He has visited various countries such as Nepal, Ethiopia, Uzbekistan, Oman, Kenya, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. for cancer OPDs, Camps and CMEs.
- M.B.B.S (Hons. & Gold Medalist) - Patna Medical College And Hospital, Patna
- M.S (General Surgery) - JNMCH, AMU, Aligarh, UP (Trained in General and Laparoscopic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Paediatric Surgery in addition to Emergency and Trauma)
- Senior Resident, Moolchand K R Hospital, New Delhi
- M.Ch (Surgical Oncology) (Gold Medalist) - Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad (Trained in Head and Neck Cancer Surgery, Thoracic Cancer Surgery, GI and Hepatobiliary Cancer Surgery, Breast, Gynecological, Urological and Musculoskeletal Surgery)
- MRCS - Edinburgh UK
- MBA - Hospital Administration
- PG - Quality Management & AHO
Post held in past
- Jan 2007- Aug 2014, Consultant, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, New Delhi
- Aug 2014- Mar 2015, Director Oncology Services, Asian Cancer Centre, Faridabad
- Apr 2015- Apr 2016, Director, Oncology Services, Fortis International Oncology, (North and East)
- May 2016- Till Date, Director Surgical Oncology and Clinical Lead Academic Services, Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi
Fields of Experience
- Oral, Thyroid, Larynx, Pharynx, Parotid and Other Head & Neck Cancer Surgeries
- Voice Prosthesis Insertion following Laryngectomy for Larynx Cancer Surgery
- Laser Surgery for Head & Neck Cancers
- Breast Cancer Surgeries
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Urological Cancer Surgeries - Prostate Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Penile Cancer etc.
- Kidney Cancer, Neobladder Cancer, Testicular & Adrenal Tumour Surgeries
- HPB & GI Onco Surgeries
- Gynae Surgeries - Routine and Complex Gynaecological Cancer Surgeries, Radical Cancer Surgeries, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries, Laser Surgery, Reconstructive Vaginal Surgeries, Fibroid Management, Cytoreduction (Reduction of Tumour Mass), Bowel and Urologic Surgery, Lymphadenectomies (Excision of The Lymph Nodes)
Awards & Recognition
- Received “The rising star award in Oncology” by Times Healthcare Achievers Delhi/NCR 2018
- Received “Viduyat Bhushan Samman”
- Received “Oncologist of the year 2014” award at IHWY by Ministry of State for Health
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- European Society of Surgical Oncology
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- RS Chana, PK Agarwal, A Kumar, V Maheshwari, Aviral, A Ali. Role of C-reactive protein in monitoring postoperative infection in children. Journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgery Vol 8 (Oct-Dec 2003)
- Tankshali, R & Srivastava, S & Anshuman, K & Shah, M. (2011). An unusual presentation of aggressive fibromatosis (retroperitoneal desmoid tumour) in pelvic cavity presented as obstructed labour. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. 109. 589-91.
- Wrote a chapter on oncological Emergencies in the book titled “Common Surgical Emergencies”
- Jain, Vikas & Srivastav, Saurabh & Kumar, Anshuman & Sanchety, Naveen. (2015). Facial fibro-osseous lesion & reconstruction: rare practice. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. 1. 96. 10.18203/issn.2454-5929.ijohns20150909.
- Kumar, Anshuman & Verma, Aviral & Baduni, Apala. (2016). LASERS IN MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY: A REVIEW. International Journal of Advanced Research. 4. 1344-1350. 10.21474/IJAR01/2218.
- Kumar, Anshuman & Verma, Aviral & Baduni, Apala & Kaur, Navneet. (2017). Ameloblastoma and its Malignant Transformation: Treatment Ladder, Related Syndromes and Controversies. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research. 83. 2393-915.
- Jain V, Srivastav S, Kumar A, Sanchety N. Facial fibro-osseous lesion & reconstruction: rare practice. Int J Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2015;1:96-8.
- Kumar Anshuman and Baduni Apala. Surgical Management of a Large Carotid Body Tumour with 8 Years Follow-Up. International Journal of Anatomy, Radiology and Surgery. 2017 Jul, Vol-6(3): SC04-SC06
- Kumar Anshuman & Garima Rawat et al. (2018), Salivary Duct Carcinoma of the Parotid: Rare Entity. Int J Dent & Oral Heal. 4:4, 50-53
- A, Kumar & Rawat, Garima & Gupta, Shikha & S, Deb. (2018). Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of Buccal Mucosa: A Rare Presentation. Journal of Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery. 1. 37-41. 10.18314/jdms.v1i1.1203.