15years+ experience of working with Teletherapy units(3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, SRT, TBI &Gating)Brachytherapy unit, Treatment Planning System (MONNACO, XIO, ECLIPSE, PLATO, ONCENTR, ASHA), Chemotherapy drugs, Radioprotective agents and Monoclonal antibodies for various solid tumours.
Post MD work experience:
- Senior resident, Department. Of Radiotherapy, MAMC and Lok Nayak Hospital ( Aug 2006 - 20th August 2009)
- Short-Term Training, IRCH, AIIMS- 1st August 2007-31st August 2007
- AROI Fellowship-at Max Cancer centre from May2010-June2010
- Registrar –Max Cancer Centre Patparganj from 07.06.2010 -31.03.2011
- Attending consultant-Max Cancer Center 01.04.2011-11.05.2013
- Capsule Course on Educational Science Technology from 22.12.2008- 24.12.2008
- Inner Circle Course on Soft Skill Development
- English, Hindi, Pahari and Punjabi
- Gyanec- Malignancies
- GI Malignancies
- Breast Malignancies
- Preventive Oncology
Affiliations (Professional Memberships) & Certifications
- Permanent Registration –Delhi Medical Council - DMC/31107
- Punjab Medical Council - 33031
- Life Member of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India. Membership number- LM 930.
- Life member -Indian Society of Oncology-LMK/0080
- Life member –Oncology forum
- Life member –Indian Society of Brachytherapy LM223
- Life member -Indian Society Neurooncology (ISNO)
- Member -ESTRO
- Life member (Indian College of Radiation Oncology) ICRO LM153
- Awarded Gold medal for achieving first position in HP University in MBBS
- Awarded Gold medal by Himotkarsh (state association) for achieving first position in HP University in MBBS
- Awarded “Dr Kranti Mohan Sharma memorial award” for achieving first position in final MBBS
- Distinction in Anatomy
- Achieved 1st position in in Anatomy, Pathology
- Awarded merit certificate on achieving 6th rank in HP state board examination in XIIth
- Awarded the ‘Best fellowship for doctors aged less than 35 years” in AROICON 2008 by Association of radiation oncologists of India.
- Best Paper Award for paper in post PG category at NZAROICON 2012
- Best Paper Award for research paper presentation at SAARC Federation of Oncology 2014 at NEW DELHI
- Clinical Excellence-Excellence in medical services award by IMA east Delhi - 2016
- Sharma K., Rathi AK, Khurana N, Mukherji A, Kumar V, Singh V,Bahadur AK. A retrospective study of18 cases of adenoid cystic cancers of a tertiary care centre in Delhi. Indian Journal of cancer ;47(4) 424-429
- Kanika Sharma, A.K. Rathi, Gaurav Sood, Anju Malhotra, Vikash Kumar, K.Singh, A.K.Bahadur Metastatic ovarian tumour in patient of carcinoma stomach.Tropical Gastroenterology;29(2):112-113.
- Kanika Sharma, A.K. Rathi, Mukherji A, Gaurav Sood, K.Singh, A.K.Bahadur Malignancy with pregnancy Radiation Oncology2009;9(1):3-9
- R.K.Seam,M.K.Gupta, Kanika Sharma .Primary bone lymphoma a case report..IJMPO 2005;26(4):66-68.
- Gupta MK, Seam RK, Gurung DS, Kanika S. Familial testicular tumour in two brothers: a case report. Indian J Cancer. 2005 Oct-Dec;42(4):208-10.
- Vikash Kumar, N Khurana, A K Rathi, Anju Malhotra, Kanika Sharma, Ashu Abhishek, A K Bahadur .Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of prostate. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. ;51 (3):386-8.
- Malhotra A, Rathi AK, Sharma K, Kumar V , Singh K, Bahadur AK. Endocrine manipulation in Carcinoma breast. Radiation Oncology.2008; 8(2):61-68.
- Mukherji A, Rathi AK, Sood KS, Kumar V, Singh K ,Bahadur AK. Treatment options in triple negative breast cancer. Radiation Oncology2009;9(1):3-9
- A study on presentation and behavior of colo-rectal carcinoma in young Indian patients Ashutosh Mukherji, A. K. Rathi, Kanika Sharma, Vikash Kumar, Kishore Singh, A K Bahadur Trop Gastroenterol 2011;32(2):122-127
- Amit M1, Binenbaum Y, Sharma K, Gil Z et al.Analysis of failure in patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma of the head and neck. An international collaborative studyHead Neck. 2014 Jul;36(7):998-1004. doi: 10.1002/hed.23405. Epub 2013 Oct 26.
- Amit M1, Binenbaum Y1, Sharma K2, Gil Z1et al.Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses: a meta-analysis. J Neurol Surg B Skull Base. 2013 Jun;74(3):118-25. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1347358. Epub 2013 May 15
- Amit M1, Binenbaum Y, Trejo-Leider L, Sharma K, Gil Z et al.International collaborative validation of intraneural invasion as a prognostic marker in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the head and neck. Head Neck. 2014 Apr 7. doi: 10.1002/hed.23710. [Epub ahead of print]
- Amit M1, Binenbaum Y, Sharma K, Ramer N, Ramer I, Agbetoba A, Glick J, Yang X, Lei D, Bjørndal K, Godballe C, Mücke T, Wolff KD, Fliss D, Eckardt AM,Copelli C, Sesenna E, Palmer F, Ganly I, Patel S, Gil Z.Incidence of cervical lymph node metastasis and its association with outcomes in patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma. An international collaborative study. Head Neck. 2014 Jul 24. doi: 10.1002/hed.23711. [Epub ahead of print]
- Amit M1, Na'ara S, Sharma K, Ramer N, Ramer I, Agbetoba A, Glick J, Yang X, Lei D, Bjoerndal K, Godballe C, Mücke T, Klaus-Dietrich W, Eckardt AM, Copelli C, Sesenna E, Palmer F, Ganly I, Gil Z.Elective Neck Dissection in Patients With Head and Neck Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma: An International Collaborative Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014 Sep 24. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ganly I1, Amit M2, Kou L3, Palmer FL4, Migliacci J4, Katabi N4, Yu C3, Kattan MW3, Binenbaum Y2, Sharma K5, Naomi R6, Abib A7, Miles B7, Yang X8, Lei D8, Bjoerndal K9, Godballe C9, Mücke T10, Wolff KD10, Fliss D11, Eckardt AM12, Chiara C13, Sesenna E13, Ali S14, Czerwonka L15, Goldstein DP15, Gil Z16, Patel SG4.Nomograms for predicting survival and recurrence in patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma.. An international collaborative study. Eur J Cancer. 2015 Dec;51(18):2768-76
- Amit M1, Binenbaum Y, Sharma K, Ramer N, Ramer I, Agbetoba A, Miles B, Yang X, Lei D, Bjøerndal K, Godballe C, Mücke T, Wolff KD, Fliss D, Eckardt AM, Copelli C, Sesenna E, Palmer F, Patel S, Gil Z. Analysis of failure in patients with adenoid cystic carcinoma of the head and neck. An international collaborative study. Head Neck. 2014 Jul;36(7):998-1004. doi: 10.1002/hed.23405. Epub 2013 Oct 26.
- Nithya L1, Raj NA2, Rathinamuthu S1, Sharma K1, Pandey MB1.Influence of increment of gantry angle and number of arcs on esophageal volumetric modulated arc therapy planning in Monaco planning system: A planning study. J Med Phys. 2014 Oct;39(4):231-7. doi: 10.4103/0971-6203.144488.
- Sarita Jaiswal, Kanika Sharma , Suparno Chakarbati. Developing a Haploidentical Transplant Program: An Indian Experience. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 02/2015; 21(2).
- Gastric MALT lymphoma with Mott cell differentiation Asian Journal of Oncology / Jan-Mar 2016 / Volume 2 / Issue 1
- Co-Author for book titled –Step by Step radiotherapy planning 2015(Jaypee Bros)
- Concurrent Chemo-Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Cervix. Does It Help in Indian Patients Too? a Randomized Trial.Rajeev K. Seam (India), Manoj K. Gupta (India), Kanika Sharma (India) UICC Abstract book2006(84-74).
- Concurrent Chemo-Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Cervix. Does It Help? a Randomized Trial in AROICON 2005 Abstract book.
- Concurrent Chemo-Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Cervix. Does It Help? NZAROICON Shimla 2005 Abstract book.
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma: A retrospective study of presentation of cases at Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi. J Cancer Res Ther Supplement 1 2008 –volume 4
- Cancer awareness poster-Manoj Sharma, Kanika Sharma Sood, Vikas Shrivastava, Alpana Sharma.ONCON 2009 Chennai abstract book, PSIV 83
- A retrospective analysis in patients of Nonmelanoma Skin cancer: Disease-free survival following surgery/radiation therapy /combined modality.AROICON 2004.Ludhiana
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy in NSCLC Dr Dhruv Gurung Kanika Sharma, MK Gupta, R.K.Seam in AROICON 2004 Ludhiana
- Presentation and Natural history of Male Breast Carcinoma in Indian patients.Mukherji A, Rathi AK, Sharma K, Kumar V, Kumar D, Singh K, Bahadur AK.14th Annual conference of northern chapter of association of radiation oncologists of India abstract book, page 30.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis with lung cancer: A retrospective analysis. Kanika S, A. Mukherji, S. Shekhar, K.Singh, A.K.Rathi, M. Sharma, A.K.Bahadur Department of Radiotherapy, MAMC and LNH, Delhi, India. RGCON 2009
- Topographic distribution of lymph nodes in carcinoma oesophagus.Vikash Kumar, Kanika S, A. Mukherji, S. Shekhar, K.Singh, A.K.Rathi, M. Sharma, A.K.Bahadur Department of Radiotherapy, MAMC and LNH, Delhi, India. RGCON 2009
- Concurrent Chemo-Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Cervix. Does It Help? a Randomized Trial in NZAROICON 2009 Abstract book page no 38