Dr.Gitali Bhagawati, Consultant and Head Department of Microbiology and Infection Control has completed her MBSS and MD in Microbiology from Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati. She has done her Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management from National Institute of Health and Family Welfare. She has worked with the hospitals of National Repute. She has many national and international publications into her credit.
Positions held in the past
- CONSULTANT MICROBIOLOGY AND INFECTION CONTROL,DHARAMSHILA NARAYANA SUPERSPECIALITY HOSPITAL, VASUNDHARA ENCLAVE, DELHI-96 FROM 18th OCTOBER 2017 TILL DATE.
- CONSULTANT MICROBIOLOGY AND INFECTION CONTROL, METRO GROUPS OF HOSPITALS (PREET VIHAR BRANCH) FROM 1st MARCH 2017 TO 17th OCTOBER 2017.
- CONSULTANT MICROBIOLOGY AND INFECTION CONTROL &DEPUTY QUALITY MANAGER, YASHODA SUPERSPECIALITY HOSPITAL, KAUSHAMBI (NABL &NABH ACCREDIATED HOSPITAL)FROM 2nd NOVEMBER 2015 To 25th SEPTEMBER 2016.
- CONSULTANT MICROBIOLOGY AND INFECTION CONTROL, GANESH DIAGNOSTICS AND IMAGING CENTRE, ROHINI, SECTOR-8, DELHI-85(NABL &NABH ACCREDITED LAB.) FROM 1st JANUARY 2015 TO 31st OCTOBER 2015.
- CONSULTANT MICROBIOLOGY&INFECTION CONTROL, BHAGWAN MAHAVIR HOSPITAL, ROHINI, DELHIFROM 24th OCTOBER 2014 TO 31st DECEMBER 2014.
- SENIOR RESIDENT (DEPT. OF MICROBIOLOGY): ESIC POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE AND RESEARCH HOSPITAL, BASAIDARAPUR, DELHI (FROM SEPTEMBER 2011 TO SEPTEMBER 2014)
- TUTOR (DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY) IN POST-GRADUATE PERIOD (FROM 2008 TO 2011)
MBBS, MD (Microbiology), PGDHM (NIHFW)
Fields of Expertise
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of IMA,East Delhi
- Member of IAMM,Delhi Chapter
- Bhagawati Gitali, Nandwani Sumi & Singhal Sanjay. (2015). Awareness and practices regarding bio-medical waste management among health care workers in a tertiary care hospital in Delhi. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 33. 580-582.
- Jaiswal, Sarita & Singhal, Paras &Thatai, Atul &Bhagawati, Gitali&Aiyer, Hema & Chakrabarti, Aditi & Chakrabarti, Suparno. (2019). Impact of extended infusionalmesna prophylaxis on the incidence of BK viruria and hemorrhagic cystitis following post-transplantation cyclophosphamide and CTLA4Ig-based haploidentical transplantation. Annals of Hematology. 10.1007/s00277-020-03930-w.
- Jaiswal, Sarita &Bhakuni, Prakash &Bhagawati, Gitali& Aiyar, Hema & Chakrabarti, Aditi & Chakrabarti, Suparno. (2019). Alterations in NKG2A and NKG2C Subsets of Natural Killer Cells Following Epstein-Barr Virus Reactivation in CTLA4Ig-based Haploidentical Transplantation Is Associated With Increased Chronic Graft-Versus-Host Disease. Transplantation. 104. 1. 10.1097/TP.0000000000002941.
- Jaiswal, Sarita &Bhakuni, Prakash &Bhagawati, Gitali& Chakrabarti, Aditi & Chakrabarti, Suparno. (2019). CTLA4Ig-based T-cell costimulation blockade is associated with reduction of adenovirus viremia following post-transplantation cyclophosphamide-based haploidentical transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 1. 10.1038/s41409-019-0549-6.
- Jaiswal, Sarita &Bhakuni, Prakash &Bhagawati, Gitali& Joy, Aby & Chakrabarti, Aditi & Chakrabarti, Suparno. (2019). Impact of Preemptive Granulocyte Infusions During Febrile Neutropenia in Patients Colonized with Carbapenem-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacteria Undergoing Haploidentical Transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 25. 10.1016/j.bbmt.2019.04.023.
- Kaushal, Sakshi & Joy, Aby & Murali, Nisha &Sudhish, Deepu&Bhagawati, Gitali& Chakrabarti, Suparno& Jaiswal, Sarita. (2019). Long Term Maintenance of Hickman Catheter in Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Colonized Patients Undergoing Haploidentical HSCT: Results of a Prospective Study. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 25. S434. 10.1016/j.bbmt.2018.12.502.
- Jaiswal, Sarita & Kaushal, Sakshi & Zaman, Shamsuz& Joy, Aby & Bhagawati Gitali& Chakrabarti Suparno. (2019). A Prospective Study on the Impact of Pre-Emptive Granulocyte Infusion (PGI) in Carbapenem-Resistant Gram Negative Bacilli (CRGNB) Colonized Patients Undergoing Haploidentical HSCT. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 25. S74. 10.1016/j.bbmt.2018.12.161.
- Bhagawati, Gitali& Bhardwaj, Ashutosh &Sajikumar, Rekha & Singh, Sukhwinder& Prajapati, Sanjeev. (2019). Bacteremia by Chryseobacteriumindologenes in a Patient with Lung Cancer: A Clinical and Microbiological Investigation. Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine : Peer-reviewed, Official Publication of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine. 23. 157-159. 10.5005/jp-journals-10071-23142.
- Bhagawati, Gitali. (2018). Get aware of hand hygiene: Implement it in your attitude. Journal of Education and Health Promotion. 7. 21. 10.4103/jehp.jehp_77_17.
- Jaiswal Sarita & Gupta Satyanker& Kumar, Rekha &Sehrawat, Amit &Rajoreya, Ashok & Dash, Saroj &Bhagawati Gitali& Chakrabarti Suparno. (2018). Gut Colonization with Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Adversely Impacts the Outcome in Patients with Hematological Malignancies: Results of A Prospective Surveillance Study. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. 10.
- Bhagawati Gitali& Jain Sarika & Taneja K. (2016). Pyuria in Relation to Urine Culture and the Common Uropathogens with Respect to Age and Sex of Patients. International Journal of Contemporary Microbiology. 2. 14. 10.5958/2395-1796.2016.00027.2.
- Bhagawati Gitali & Barkataki Dipa& Hazarika, NK. (2014). Study on isolates of acute meningitis in a tertiary care centre in Assam. International Journal of Medicine and Public Health. 4. 10.4103/2230-8598.144132.
Key Procedures Performed
- Initiated Automation in Microbiology in Yashoda Superspeciality Hospital, Kaushambi
- Initiated Molecular testing in Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital
- Infection control including Antibiotic Stewardship
- Many projects on Microbiology
Assamese, Hindi, English, Bengali