Dr. Deni Gupta is presently working as Senior Consultant in the Medical & Haemato Oncology department at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi since March 2014. He did his MBBS from Prestigious Calicut Medical College, Kerala in 2002. He holds a double Diplomate (DNB) from the National Board of Examinations, in Internal Medicine as well as Medical Oncology. He is also an ESMO Certified Medical Oncologist (ECMO), fulfilling the criteria of European Society for Medical Oncology for excellent knowledge in the field of Medical Oncology. He is trained in the management of all variety of Cancers, Chemotherapy & Immunotherapy. He has special interest in Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Gastro-Intestinal Cancer and Genito-Urinary Cancers.
Dr. Gupta is responsible for the management of cancer patients at DNSH and also an esteemed faculty for academic activities including training of oncology DNB students and oncology nurses. He has contributed to various national & international publications. As his social responsibility, he regularly organizes & participates in cancer screening & prevention programs including public awareness talks.
- MBBS, DNB (Gen. Medicine), DNB (Med. Oncology), ECMO
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant Medical & Hemato-Oncology, Rajiv Gandhi cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi
- Senior Resident in Medical oncology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Worked as Senior Resident, SVBP Govt. hospital, Patel Nagar, North Delhi
Fields of Expertise
- Targeted / Immunotherapy
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- ISMPO (Indian Society of Medical & Paediatric Oncology)
- IMA (Indian Medical Association)
- ASCO (American Society of Oncology)
- ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncologist)
- Sehrawat, Amit & Parthasarathy, K. & Gupta, Deni & Gera, Arun. (2019). Tolerance and efficacy of branded generic pemetrexed maintenance in Indian patients of metastatic non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer. Indian Journal of Cancer. 56. 276. 10.4103/ijc.IJC_264_18.
- Bajpai, Jyoti & Majumdar, A & Satwik, Ruma & Rohatgi, N & Jain, V & Gupta, D & Agarwal, R & Mittal, S & Verma, SK & Parikh, PM & Aggarwal, Shyam. (2018). Practical consensus recommendations on fertility preservation in patients with breast cancer. South Asian Journal of Cancer. 7. 110. 10.4103/sajc.sajc_113_18.
- JAIN, N., DUGGAL, L. and GUPTA, D. (2008), Gouty polyarthritis with sacroiliitis: a rare association and insight into newer management and dietary strategies. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 11: 195–198.]
- Dang K, Gupta D, Sehrawat A, Gupta S, Parthasarathy K M. Efficacy and safety of folfox as a second-line chemotherapy for patients with locally advanced and/or metastatic carcinoma gall bladder – Experience from a tertiary care center in India.Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2019;40:240-243
- Sehrawat A, Kotwal SA, Gupta D. Colonic metastases from a luminal a type invasive ductal carcinoma breast: A rare case report. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2020;41:96-8
- Dr. A. Tanwar, Dr. K. Sharma, Dr Deni Gupta, Dr Asit Arora, Dr Ganesh Ch. Subudhi. A Case of Maxillofacial Metastasis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. JMSCR Vol. 07||Issue||06||Page 452-455||June
Key Procedures Performed
Targeted therapy i.e. Immunotherapy is majorly used now for various Cancers (solid malignancies and Hematological malignancies) either as a standalone treatment or combined with chemotherapy. Advantage of newer targeted therapy lies in the fact that they do not have usual side effects of chemotherapy like hair fall, oral ulceration, diarrhea & frequent blood transfusions.
- Treating all stages of cancer with chemotherapy
- Targeted biological therapy
English and Hindi