Dr. Hema Malini Aiyer, Sr. Consultant (Lab Medicine) & Clinical Lead (Histo/Cyto/IHC) at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi has completed her MD in Pathology from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. She has also done her MBBS from the same Institution. She has a rich experience of 16 years. In her previous engagement she was associated with Dr. Lal Path Lab as Head of the Department and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin. She has many national and international publications into her credit.
Positions held in the past
- National Head Histopathology/Cytopathology and IHC at Dr Lal Path Labs, New Delhi - April 2016 to Feb 2018
- Head of the Department (Histopathology / Cytopathology / Immunohistochemistry) at National Reference Lab, Dr. Lal Path Labs Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi April 2006 to April 2016
- Senior Consultant Pathologist at Dr. Lal Path Labs. Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi (April 2004 to 2006)
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Pathology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin. (Oct. 2002 to Feb. 2004)
MBBS, MD (Path)
Fields of Expertise
- Lymphoblastic Lymphoma-Tcell Variant, Clinical Album pg.525.
- Secondary Thrombocytosis : an unusual presentation. Ind J Hemat & Blood Transf. 1997; Vol 15: No.4 : 20-22.
- Hereditary Spherocytosis in a neonate : a case report. Ind J Hemat & Blood Transf. 1998; Vol 16 : No. 3 : 85-86.
- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of Epithelioid Sarcoma presenting in an Unusual site : A Case Report, Diagn. Cytopathol. 2001;24 (1) : 36-38.
- Diagnosis of Cutaneous scar Endometriosis by Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology. Journal of Cytology. 2001; 18(3) : 167-170
- Diagnostic Stromal Histomorphology in Fibroepithelial Breast Lesions : A Fresh Perspective. Indian J. Pathol. Microbiol.2000 ; 43(1) : 5-12.
- Letterer - Siwe disease in a child. Ind.J.Hemat & Blood Transf. 2001 ; 19 (2): 54-55
- Idiopathic Myelofibrosis in children Ind J.Hemat & Blood Transf. 2000; 18(4): 100-101.
- Intracytoplasmic and Intranuclear Reinkes’ Crystals in a testicular Leydig Cell Tumour diagnosed by fine needle aspiration cytology. A case report with review of literature. Diagnostic Cytopath. 2001; 25(3) : 162-64.
- FNA diagnosis of giant cell tumour of bone presenting at unusual sites. Diagnostic Cytopath.2003 ;27(6):375-8
- Giant cell Tumour of Talus with Osteosarcomatous transformation in a young male: A Case report. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology .2003;46:215-217
- Diabetes cured by Pancreaticoduodenectomy: A Case report of Glucagonoma masquerading as Carcinoma Head of the Pancreas. J Gastrointest Cancer. Nov 2011;1007
- Unusual Variants Of Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma at Extranodal sites-Are These Distinct Diagnostic entities. World Journal of Surgical Medical and Radiation Oncology ;November 2013
- Primary Histopathologic and Immunohistochemical Diagnosis of Malignant Pheochromocytoma of Adrenal Gland : Case report & Review of Literature. Dr. Hema Aiyer; Dr. Toshima Kukreja; Dr. Gaurav Sharma
- World Journal of Surgical Medical & Radiation oncology 2014; 3:57-60
- Histopathologic and Immunohistochemical Diagnosis of Primary Epithelioid Angiosarcoma of the Liver Mimicking a Metastatic Adenocarcinoma – Case report and review of Literature. Dr. Hema Aiyer; Dr. Gaurav Sharma World J Surg Med Radiat Oncol 2014; 3:92-95.
- Dermatopathology Image of the month –January 2014
- Histopathologic changes in penis in organic erectile dysfunction due to systemic disease – Dr Hema Malini Aiyer –International Journal of Current Advanced Research Vol 5 , Issue I , pp 584-586, January 2016
- Histopathologic changes in erectile tissues and Testis in ageing male- Dr Hema Malini Aiyer –International Journal of Current Advanced Research ; Vol 6; Issue 1;pp1692-95;January 2017
- Primary Cutaneous CD4 positive Small/Medium T-cell Lymphoma-Case letter- Gaurav Jain , Hema Malini Aiyer-Indian Journal of Dermatology , Venereology and Leprosy;Vol84;Issue2;March-April 2018
- Melanotic neuroectodermal tumor of infancy: A rare case report
Abhishek Kumar, V Deepthi, Ruchi Aggarwal, Hema Malini Aiyer ;Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology ;
- Accepted: co-authored submission to Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia Submission title: Targeting CD28-CD86 Pathway for Refractory Myeloma Through CTLA4Ig Based Reduced Intensity Conditioning and Donor Lymphocyte Infusions Following Haploidentical Transplantation
Corresponding author: Dr SARITA JAISWAL
Listed co-author(s): Dr Satish Bansal, Dr Hema Malini Aiyer, Mr Prakash Bhakuni, Professor Sneh Bhargava, Dr. Suparno Chakrabarti
- Sharma G, Aiyer HM. Plasmablastic Lymphoma as Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder after Liver Transplantation. WJSO. 2018
Awards & Recognition
- Lady Chelmsford Medal for 1st in 1st MBBS (1990-91)
- Kamla Ghosh Prize for 1st in 1st MBBS (1990-91)
- Smt.A.A.Bagga Prize for 1st in Physiology & Biochem (1990-91)
- Dr.Usha Srivastava Memorial Medal for 1st in 1st MBBS (1990-91)
- Proficiency in Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry
- Proficiency in Forensic Medicine (1992-93)
- Proficiency in Pharmacology (1992-93)
- Prize for Proficiency in ENT (1993-94)
- Thesis submitted to and accepted by the University of Delhi entitled “FIBROADENOMA VS PHYLLODES TUMOUR OF THE BREAST- A SEMIQUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF STROMAL HISTOMORPHOLOGIC & Ag NORs PARAMETERS.”
- Shri Krishna Bihari Memorial Award for ‘Best Resident Doctor In Pathology’