Dr Naveen Kumar has completed his MBBS in 2004 from the prestigious University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, and later MD in internal medicine also from University of Delhi. Completed DM in Hepatology from the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS) in 2014. Later, he Underwent Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology from Medanta the Medicity. He has the capability and skills of performing both upper and lower GI diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including GI bleeds along with ERCPs. He also had expertise in hepatic hemodynamic, Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient (HVPG) measurement and transjugular liver biopsies.
He has many national and international presentations, publications and awards to his name. His area of interest are Transplant Hepatology, Viral Hepatitis B and C, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Biliary diseases, Portal hypertension, Hepato-renal syndrome.
He has vast experience in the management of both pre and posts Liver Transplant patients. He has been worked as a consultant Hepatologist and Transplant Hepatologist in the hospitals of national repute.
- MD (Internal Medicine)
- DM (Hepatology)
- Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
Post held in past
- Consultant Gastroenterology at Nayati Medicity
- Consultant Hepatology and Transplant Hepatology at Yashodha Hospital And Care Hospital
Fields of Expertise
- Liver Transplant
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- American Association for Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS)
- Liver Transplant Society of India (LTSI)-Founder Member
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE)
- Indian Association of Physicians (IAP)
- Guest Editorial: Kumar N, Sarin SK. Hepatitis E- Is it a risk to transfusion safety? Asian J Transfus Sci 2013;7:1-3
- Review article: Kumar N, Sarin SK. Antitubercular therapy in patients with cirrhosis: Challenges and options. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 May 21;20(19):5760-72.
- Review article: Kumar N, Choudhary NS. Treating morbid obesity in cirrhosis: the quest of Holy Grail. World J Hepatol. 2015 Dec 8;7(28):2819-28.
- Chapter: Kumar N, Saraf N. Acute Kidney injury in cirrhosis. Progress in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2015
- Observational study: Chhagan Bihari, Archana Rastogi, Naveen Kumar, S Rajesh, Shiv Kumar Sarin, Hepatic Sarcoidosis: Clinico-pathological characterization of symptomatic cases. Acta Gastroenterol Belg. 2015 Jul-Sep;78(3):306-13.
- Original Article: Choudhary NS, Puri R, Saraf N, Saigal S, Kumar N, Rai R et al. Intragastric balloon as a novel modality for weight loss in patients with cirrhosis and morbid obesity awaiting liver transplantation. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Mar;35(2):113-6.
- Original Article: Bodh V, Choudhary NS, Puri R, Kumar N, Rai R, Nasa M et al. Endoscopic ultrasound characteristics of tubercular lymphadenopathy in comparison to reactive lymph nodes. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016 Jan;35(1):55-9.
- Original Article: Choudhary NS, Saraf N, Kumar N, Rai R, Saigal S, Gautam D wt al. Nonalcoholic fatty liver is not associated with incident chronic kidney disease: a large histology-based comparison with healthy individuals. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Apr;28(4):441-3.
Key Procedures Performed
- UGI endoscopy: Diagnostic and therapeutic
- Colonoscopy Diagnostic and therapeutic
- Variceal Banding
- Glue injection
- Hemoclip application
- Oesophageal dilation
- Liver Biopsy
- HVPG measurement
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Transplant Hepatology
- Viral Hepatitis B and C
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Biliary diseases
- Portal hypertension
English & Hindi