Dr. Raghavendra did his M.B.B.S from M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore and obtained his master’s in general surgery from J.S.S Medical College, Mysore. He ranked 1st in master’s in general surgery and received gold medal from Karnataka Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India. Subsequently, he obtained his super specialization in Surgical Gastroenterology from Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata. His special interest in Hepato-pancreato-biliary Surgery & transplant led him to attain fellowship in Hepato-pancreato-biliary & Multi-organ Transplant from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He has been a visiting fellow in HPB & Liver Transplant to ASAN, Korea. Presently, he is working as a consultant in the department of Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery at Narayana Health City, Bangalore & Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi.
- MBBS: M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- MS (General Surgery): J.S.S Medical College, Mysore
- DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology): Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata
- Fellowship in Hepatology & Multiorgan Transplant: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Post held in past
- Consultant Hepatobiliary & Multi-organ Transplant at BGS Global Hospital
Fields of Experience
- Adult & Paediatric Liver Transplant (Cadaveric & Living Donor)
- Surgical Management of Complex Hepatobiliary case including complex liver & pancreatic tumors
- Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary tumor resection
- Appropriate optimization of severely sick liver patients with high MELD score, waiting for transplantation.
- Safe donor hepatectomy for living donor liver transplant.
- Safe liver transplantation with minimum blood loss.
Awards & Recognition
- Best outgoing Post Graduate student & Gold-medalist, RGUHS & KSC- ASICON, 2006.
- Performed newly 250 liver transplants in the past 5 years with high success rates.
- Performed the first successful Cadaveric Liver transplantation at A.J Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka, first-ever to be performed in central Karnataka.
- Innumerable guest lecturers - carrying the sessions, presentation at CME's, State, National & International Conferences.
- Honorary Editor of Open Access Journal of Surgery (OAJS).
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member, Indian Medical Association, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, IHPBA.
- Organized & Participated in Hospital Waste Management, Department of Social & Preventive Medicine, M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
- Member, “Cancer Care”, Bangalore and participated in giving Lectures on Prevention of Cancer at Schools & Colleges of Bangalore
- Published many peer reviewed journals.
Key Procedures Performed
- Cadaveric and living Donor liver transplants
- Complex liver and pancreatic resections
- Organ donation in the country
- Organ preservation techniques
- Molecular and translational Science in organ transplantation
- Experimental translational technologies in multi-organ transplantation.
Kannada, Hindi Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali.