Dr. Satinder Kaur is the Director & Senior Consultant in the Gynae Oncology department at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi since April 2013 with an overall experience of 13 years. She has completed her MD from Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh. Post this, she was awarded Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Obstetrics & Gynaecology by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). Further, she pursued her Diploma in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy from Bombay Endoscopy and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery Institute, Mumbai. She has done two years Fellowship in Gynaecological Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and awarded International Gynae Cancer Society Fellowship in Gynae Oncology from Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney (Australia).
- International Gynae Cancer Society Fellowship in Gynae Oncology from Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney (Australia)
- European Certification in Gynae Oncology (ESGO)
- Fellowship in Gynecological Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (Homi Bhabha National Institute), August 2012.
- DNB (Obs & Gynae) from National Board of Examinations; Diplomate National Board, 2010.
- Diploma in Advanced Gynae Endoscopy, BEAMS (Bombay Endoscopy & Advanced Minimally invasive surgery) Hospital, Mumbai. June 2009.
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India in 2008. (PANJAB UNIVERSITY)
- M.B.B.S. from Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh in 2003 from PANJAB UNIVERSITY, Chandigarh, India.
Post held in past
- Consultant, Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi
- Associate Consultant, Max Super Speciality hospital, Patparganj, New Delhi
Fields of Experience
- Gynae Oncology
- Preventive Gynae Oncology
- Advanced Gynae Laparoscopy
Awards & Recognition
- She has received prestigious "Bharat Jyoti Award" for her work in the field of female cancers.
- Received “An Appreciation Award for Contribution to Delhi Gynae Forum North as Founder Secretary” by Delhi Gynaecologist Forum
- “Women of Substance Award” for work in Gynae Cancers
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- International Gynec Cancer Society (IGCS)
- European Society in Gynae Oncology (ESGO)
- Executive Committee Member of Association of Gynae Oncologists of India (AGOI)
- Indian association of Gynae Endoscopists (IAGE)
- Federation of Obs and Gynae Society of India (FOGSI)
- Member Network of Indian Cooperative Oncology (ICON)
- Surappa, Shylasree & Ranade, Rohit & Kattepur, Abhay & Kaur, Satinder & Dusane, Rohit & Maheshwari, Amita & Mahantshetty, Umesh & Chopra, Supriya & Engineer, Reena & Kerkar, RajendraA. (2021). Quality of life in long term survivors of cervical cancer: A cross sectional study. Indian Journal of Cancer. 58. 10.4103/ijc.IJC_712_18.
- Kaur S, Garg H (2021). “Molecular classification of carcinoma endometrium”. Recent Advances in Obstetrics and Gynecology, edited by Nigam Aruna, Kriplani Alka. Evangel publications. 296-303.
- Kaur S, Darling H (2020). “Immunotherapy in Endometrial Cancer: An Evolving Therapeutic Modality”. Recent Advances in Endometrial Cancer, edited by Mehta, Sumita, Gupta, Bindiya. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 245- 256.
- Subbian A, Kaur S, Patel V, Rajanbabu A. COVID 19 and its impact on gynaecological oncology practice in India-results of a nationwide survey. ecancer 2020,14:1067
- Kaur S. Fertility Counselling in Young Cancer Patients and Preconceptional Counseling for Cancer Survivors. Prenatal Counselling for Optimizing Pregnancy Outcomes.
- Patterns of care for ovarian cancer. Kaur S, Singh R. Cancer Res Stat Treat 2019;2: 217-220
- Kaur S, Jamwal S (2019). Cytology and HPV Testing in Primary Cervical Cancer Screening. Preventive Oncology for the Gynecologist, edited by Mehta S, Singla A. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. Pg 83-91
- Jamwal S, Kaur S. “Recurrence or Retro-conversion? A Diagnostic Dilemma”: Case Report and Review of Literature on Growing Teratoma Syndrome (GTS) Indian J Gynecol Oncology (2019) 17: 4.
- Kaur S, Singh R. Targeted therapy in gynaecological cancer.AOGD bulletin 2017;17(5) :47-9.
- Kaur S. Pathology of preinvasive lesions of the cervix. Colposcopy of Female Genital Tract. Springer publication.2017. pp17-30. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-1705-6_2
- Tiwari A, Jain A, Vashishth R, Jain S, Kaur S. Synchronous primary malignancy of ovary and cervix- the rare co-passengers. Indian J Gynecol Oncolog.2017;15:6
- Kaur S, Kerkar RA, Maheshwari A, Shylasree TS, Gupta S, Deodhar K. Clinical characteristics with patterns of relapse and survival analysis of ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Indian J Cancer 2016; 53:288-91
- Kaur S, Tongaonkar HB, Maheshwari A, Menon S. Case Report: A rare case of Recurrent Intravenous Leiomyomatosis: a clinical dilemma. Indian Journal of Cancer.2015;52(1).
- Poster presentation on “Paclitaxel and carboplatin for relapsed or advanced cervical carcinoma: A single institution experience” in AOGIN, Nov. 2011
- Kaur S, Huria A, Kaur J, Kumar P. Correlation of Serum Bile Acids with Liver Enzyme and Perinatal and Maternal Outcome in Cholestasis in Pregnancy. NJOG 2010;5(1):32-36.
- Sinha R, Sethi S, Mahajan C. Multiple and Bilateral Dermoids: Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.2010;17(2):235-38.
- Co- guide for DNB medical oncology thesis “a prospective cohort observational study of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in platinum resistant cases of recurrent ovarian cancer” by Dr. Ganesh Chandra Subudhi
- Co-guide for DNB Radiation Oncology thesis “A prospective study on comparison of toxicity profile in stage IIIC1 carcinoma cervix patients receiving prophylactic semi extended field irradiation along with concurrent chemotherapy followed by brachytherapy with those who were previously treated with whole pelvis radiotherapy along with concurrent chemotherapy followed by brachytherapy” by Dr Shobana 2021.
Key Procedures Performed
- Radical Hysterectomy
- Retroperitoneal Lymph-node Dissection (Open & Laparoscopic)
- Cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer
- HIPEC for ovarian cancer
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Uterine Cancer
- Ovarian Cyst Removal / Mass Excision (Open & Laparoscopic)
- Radical Vulvectomy
- Inguinal Femoral Lymph-node Dissection
- Laparotomy for all Gynae Cancers
- Management of GTN / Molar Pregnancy / Choriocarcinoma
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic Polypectomy
- Myomectomy for Uterine Fibroids
- LEEP / LLETZ / Conization
- Cryotherapy for Precancerous Lesions
English, Hindi, Punjabi