Dr. Neeraj Goel, Clinical lead and senior consultant – Gastrointestinal, Minimal Access, HPB and Bariatric Surgery at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi has started his medical professional journey from University College of Medical Science, He did his post-graduation (MS) from Hardinge Medical College. He has done his postdoctoral degree(MCh) in GI Surgery from GB Pant Hospital.
He is the first GI Surgeon in East Delhi & adjoining NCR to start full-fledged GI Surgical Services at Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital (Now Max Hospital). He is the only surgeon in East Delhi and NCR and amongst few in Country to perform complex surgery of Cytoreduction with HIPEC (Hyperthermic Introperitoneal Chemotherapy) for Disseminated peritoneal Cancers. He is performing full array of Advanced Minimal Access GI and HPB Surgery. He is a fellow of Minimal Access HPB Surgery from Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, South Korea. He is a certified Robotic Surgeon trained at International School of Robotic Surgery, Italy. He is trained in Taiwan for the advanced laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeries. He has been to Weight Loss Centre at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio USA for Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery). He has many publications in national and international journals.
Posts Held in the past
- Worked as Senior Consultant GI Surgery and GI Oncology at Max Superspeciality Hospitals Patparganj & Vaishali (2015- 2019)
- Worked as Consultant GI Surgeon at Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital, Ghaziabad (2014- 2015)
- Worked as Consultant GI surgeon at Sant Parmanand Hospital, Delhi (2013-2015)
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Surgery, Lady Hardinge Medical college, Delhi (Jul 2009- Jan 2010)
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Surgery, Lady Hardinge Medical college, Delhi (Dec 2007- Jun 2008)
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Surgery, Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital, Delhi (Aug 2007-Dec 2007)
- Senior Resident in the Dept. Of Surgical Oncology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and research Centre, Delhi (May 2006-Feb 2007)
- Done House Job (Mar 2002-Sept 2002) at Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital in Accident & Emergency
- Internship-from GTB Hospital (Jan 2001-Dec 2001).
MBBS, MS, MCh(GI Surgery)
Fellow Minimal Access HPB Surgery, South Korea
Robotic Surgery, Italy
Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Taiwan
Obesity Surgery, USA
1. MCh (Surgical Gastroenterology)- From GB Pant Hospital, University of Delhi in the year 2013
2. Advanced Surgical Training in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery: IRCAD, Taiwan
3. Basic Robotic Surgery Training: International School of Robotic Surgery, Grosseto, Italy
4. Fellowship in Minimal Invasive HPB Surgery: Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, South Korea
5. Visiting Scholar in Bariatric Surgery, Weight Loss Centre, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
6. MS (General Surgery)-From Lady Hardinge Medical College, University Of Delhi in the year 2006. Thesis –Axillary vein changes following axillary lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of breast- A Prospective study.
7. MBBS-From University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi in The Year 2001
Fields of Expertise
- Multidisciplinary evidence-based management of gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures for variety of benign and malignant gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic problems
- Robotic Surgery
- Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC for peritoneal surface malignancies
Awards & Recognition
Faculty at various National and State level Surgical Conferences
1. Poster presentation on “Neuroendocrine Tumors of the ampulla” at Asia Pacific Hepatopancreatobiliary Association Conference in Shanghai, China, 2013.
2. Presented Poster on “Neuroendocrine Tumors of the ampulla” at Annual Conference of IASG 2012, BaA video, India
3. Video presentation on” Laparoscopic Lateral Pancreatojejunostomy” at Annual Conference of IASG 2012, Bangaluru, India
4. Poster Presentation on “Isolated extrahepatic bile duct injury after blunt trauma abdomen” at Annual Conference of IASG 2011, Bhopal, India
5. Stood Second In the Surgery Quiz at the Annual Conference of Delhi State Chapter of ASI, 2005(as a team event).
6. Presented following papers at the Annual Meeting of Oncology Group of Delhi(OGD),2005:
7. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors and Imatinib and its effect on Blood Sugar control.
8. Deltopectoral Flap for Head & Neck Malignancies.
9. Presented Paper on Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: Our Experience at Annual Conference of Delhi State Chapter Of ASI, 2004.
10. Presented following Papers at Annual Conference of Delhi State Chapter of ASI, 2005:
1. Postmastectomy Edema-An added a venous component
2. Small Bowel Tumors.
3.Biliary Fistula of unknown origin-An iatrogenic Complication.
4. Rare skin Tumors.
- Predictors of curative resection and long-term survival of gallbladder cancer – a retrospective analysis. Predictors of curative resection and long term survival of gallbladder cancer – a retrospective analysis. Mishra PK, Saluja SS, Prithiviraj N, Varshney V, Goel N, Patil N.Am J Surg. 2017 Aug;214(2):278-286
- Book Chapter: Stomach & Duodenum. Goel N, Mishra PK. Textbook of Surgical Gastroenterology. Ed Mishra PK. Jaypee bros. Ist ed. 2016
- Book Chapter. Bile Duct Injury, Biliary Fistula, and Benign biliary strictures. Saluja SS, Patil N, Goel N. Textbook of Surgical Gastroenterology. Ed Mishra PK. Jaypee bros. Ist ed. 2016 o Book Chapter. Surgical Management of Peptic Ulcer disease. Surgery update 2012. S S Saluja, Neeraj Goel, Dinesh R
- Clinicopathological profile of an unusual case of Chondroid syringoma. Choudhury M, Agarwal C, Aggarwal M, Pathania OP, Goel N. Indian J Pathol Microbiol.2007, Apr: 50(2):349-51.
- Isolated extrahepatic bile duct injury after blunt trauma abdomen.Mishra PK, Saluja SS, Nag HH, Goel N, Jain A, Kujur D.Am Surg. 2012 Sep;78(9):1014-6
- Laparoscopic removal of needle from the pancreas. Jain A, Nag HH, Goel N, Gupta N, Agarwal AK.J Minim Access Surg. 2013 Apr;9(2):80-1.
- Management of giant fibrovascular polyp of esophagus. Mishra PK, Goel N, Saluja SS, Durga G, Nag HH, Narang P.Am Surg. 2012 Dec;78(12):E538-40 o Nonfunctional retroperitoneal paraganglioma-a histopathological surprise. Goel N, Gupta N, Nag HH, Saran RK, Mishra PK, Agarwal AK. World J Endocr Surg 2012;4(2): 60-62
- Role of imatinib in achieving euglycemic state in patient with GIST. Sharma P, Goel N, Hemal U. JK science vol14 no.4,Oct-Dec 2012