Dr. Sajal Gupta has vast experience in interventional cardiology including coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty with special interest in trans-radial coronary interventions, carotid angioplasty, pacemaker implantation, peripheral interventions and heart failure management. He has written more than more than 20 international and more than 25 national publications in journals of repute and authored a chapter in cardiology book- ‘STEMI UPDATE’, 2016.
Fields of Expertise
Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology
- DM (Cardiology) - JLN Medical college, Ajmer, Rajasthan
- MD (Internal medicine) - GSVM Medical College, Kanpur,
- MBBS - Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad
Awards & Recognition & fellowships
- Publications - In international and national journals including Journal of American college of cardiology (JACC), European heart journal, Journal of invasive cardiology, catheterization and cardiovascular interventions, BMJ heart Asia and Indian heart journal.
- Platform case presentation at the TCT India next conference, Bangalore, (July 2015), NIC Interventional conference, Hyderabad, (April 2016), NIC Interventional conference, New Delhi, (April 2017)
- Poster presentation at TCT international conference, San Francisco, USA (Oct 2015)
- Received ISC Gold medal award for best paper, 2013 at 9th annual conference of Indian society of Cardiology, held at Chennai, September 2014.
- Received ‘I A Modi Academic Excellence Awards’ during IAMICON 2014 at Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Coronary angiography and angioplasty including Primary PTCA for STEMI.
- Carotid and peripheral interventions,
- Permanent Pacemaker and AICD implantation,
- Heart failure management
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge on the different diseases of the heart and the procedures involved in their diagnosis and treatment.
- Well trained and experienced in Coronary Angiography and Coronary angioplasty, Carotid intervention, Permanent Pacemaker implantation, Pericardiocentesis, IABP Implantation, IVC Filter implantation, Echocardiography and Stress Testing,
- Academic interest and done many national and international publications in reputed journals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Professional memberships & certifications
- Life Member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Cardiology (ISC)
- Life Member of Association of Physician of India (API)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member of CSI Delhi Branch
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant, Interventional Cardiologist, at Shanti Mukund Hospital, Karkardooma, Delhi
- Consultant, Interventional Cardiologist at Max Super-Speciality Hospital Patparganj and Vaishali
- Associate Consultant, Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla, New Delhi.
- Optimizing Stent Deployment in Contemporary Practice: The Role of Intracoronary Imaging and Non-compliant Balloons : Ashok Seth, Sajal Gupta, Vivudh Pratap Singh and Vijay Kumar: Interventional Cardiology Review 2017;12(2):81–4. DOI: 10.15420/icr.2017:12:1
- Correlation of head-up tilt table test time interval with future risk of recurrent syncope: Singhania PK, Ranwa BL, Gupta S : Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2017 Dec;40(12):1462-1465. Doi: 10.1111/pace. 13219. Epub 2017 Nov 7.
- Ivabradine vs metoprolol in patients with acute inferior wall myocardial infarction – “Expanding arena for ivabradine” : Priti K, Ranwa BL, Gokhroo RK, , Kishor K, Bisht DS, Gupta S. Cardiovasc Ther. 2017 Aug;35(4). Doi:10.1111/1755-5922.12266
- 3D Xplane Echocardiographic Technique for validation of mitral leafletseperation to assessseverity of mitral stenosis : Gokhroo RK, Ranwa BL, Kishor K, Priti K, Avinash A, Bisht D, Gupta S : Echocardiography. 2016 Jun;33(6):896-901. Doi:10.1111/echo. 13183. Epub 2016 Jan 29
- A new proposed Coronary artery anatomical classification for interventional cardiologists for predicting magnitude of myocardium at risk. Ajmer working group classification of coronary anatomy: R.K. Gokhroo, Sajal Gupta. Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak Padmanabhan, Kamal Kishore, Bhanwar Ranwa : Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2015, DOI 10.1002/ccd. Published on behalf of The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
- Ulnar artery interventions non-Inferior to radial approach: Ajmer Ulnar Artery (AJULAR) Intervention Working Group Study Results : Gokhroo RK, Ranwa B, Kishor K Priti K, Avinash A,Bisht D, Gupta S. J Invasive Cardiol 2016;28(1):1-8
- Sweating: A Specific Predictor of ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Among the Symptoms of Acute Coronary Syndrome: Sweating In Myocardial Infarction (SWIMI) Study Group: Gokhroo RK, Ranwa B, Kishor K Priti K, Avinash A, Gupta S. Bisht D : Clin Cardiol 2016 Feb;39(2):90-5. DOI:10.1002/clc.22498
- Prevalence of congenital heart disease in patients undergoing surgery for major gastrointestinal malformations- an Indian study : R.K. Gokhroo, Sajal Gupta, Garima Arora, Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak padmanabhan, Varsha Soni : Heart Asia. 2015 Jun 5;7(1):29-31. Doi:10.1136/heartasia-2014-010561
- Palmar Arch anatomy: Ajmer working group classification : R.K.Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta, Kamal Kishore, Bhanwar Ranwa : Vascular 2016 Feb;24(1)31-6 doi: 10.1177/ 1708538115576428
- Feasibility of Ulnar Artery for cardiac catheterization: Ajmer ULnar Artery (AJULAR) catheterization Study : R.K.Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, .Deepak Padmanabhan, Sajal Gupta, Kamal Kishore, Bhanwar Ranwa : Catheterization and cardiovascular Intervention, 2015 : DOI: 10.1002/ccd.25806
- Feasibility of Ulnar artery intervention (AJmer ULnar Artery intervention group study: AJULAR): Early Results : R.K.Gokhroo, Kamal Kishore, Bhanwar Ranwa, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta A.Avinash, Kumari Priti : Accepted in JACC 2015. (Moderator poster in ACC San Diego 2015). TCT@ACC-i2: Interventional Cardiology I
- Eptifibatide in Post-Myocardial Infarction Patients with Ongoing Ischemic Pain Who Refused for Intervention: AJmer Post-Myocardial Infarction Angina Eptifibatide Research (AJMER) study : R.K. Gokhroo, Kamal kishor,. Deepak Padmanabhan, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta, Bhanwar Ranwa : Cardiovasc Ther. 2015 Aug;33(4):155-60. Doi:10.1111/1755-5922. 12123
- A study of coronary artery patency in relation to the index event in patients with myocardial infarction thrombolysed with streptokinase: R.K. Gokhroo, Sajal Gupta, Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak Padmanabhan: BMJ Heart Asia 2014;6:55–58. doi:10.1136/heartasia-2014-010494
- Coronary sinus anatomy: Ajmer working group classifications: R.K. Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak Padmanabhan, Sajal Gupta: J Invasive Cardiol 2014;26(2):71-74
- Palmar Arch Anatomy: Ajmer Working Group Classification: R.K.Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta, Deepak Padmanabhan, Kamal Kishor, Bhanwar Ranwa : J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63(12_S):. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(14)62113-6
- Eptifibatide in Post-Myocardial Infarction Patients with Ongoing Ischemic Pain Who Refused for Intervention: AJmer Post-Myocardial Infarction Angina Eptifibatide Research (AJMER) study : R.K.Gokhroo, Kamal kishor, Deepak Padmanabhan, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta, Bhanwar Ranwa : J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63 (12_S) :.doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(14)60105-4
- Relationship Of Systemic Endothelial Dysfunction To The Extent And The Severity Of Coronary Artery Disease As Measured By Flow Mediated Dilation Of Brachial Artery : R.K.Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak Padmanabhan, Sajal Gupta : Research 2014;1:704
- Prolapse of posterior leaflet of tricuspid valve presenting as an undulating artifact in right atrium: A rare case report : R.K.Gokhroo, Kamal Kishor, Bhanwar Ranwa, A. Avinash, Devendra Singh Bisht, Sajal Gupta : Case Reports in Internal Medicine, 2014, Vol. 1, No. 2 http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/crim.v1n2p176
- Feasibility Of Ulnar Artery For Cardiac Catheterization: AJmer ULnar ARtery (AJULAR) Catheterization Study : R.K.Gokhroo, Devendra Singh Bisht, Deepak Padmanabhan, Sajal Gupta, Kamal Kishor, Bhanwar Ranwa : Accepted for poster presentation at European congress, Barcelona Spain 2014
- Characteristics of radial access site coronary procedures in patients with arteria lusoria among 5789 patients undergoing coronary angiography at a primary radial access centre : Authors: R.K Gokhroo, Deepak Padmanabhan, Devendra Bisht, Sajal Gupta : BMJ Heart Asia 2013;5:138-141 doi:10.1136/heartasia-2012-010229
- Initial experience of 4195 radial access coronary angiography procedures : R.K Gokhroo, Deepak Padmanabhan, Devendra Bisht, Sajal Gupta : European Heart Journal ( 2013 ) 34 (Abstract Supplement ), 706
- Coronary sinus anatomy: Ajmer working group classifications: Devendra Singh Bisht, R.K.Gokhroo, Deepak Padmanabhan, Sajal Gupta : J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(10_S):.doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(13)60655-5
English and Hindi