Completed MBBS from prestigious S.N Medical College, Agra and was the only student in recent history to emerge with 7 Gold Medals during the entire MBBS course. I was awarded the certificate of Honours in Medicine in the MBBS final examination and a certificate of Merit in 9 subjects during the MBBS course. After completing my MBBS and internship (2003 to 2009) I completed M.S in General Surgery from L.L.R.M Medical College, Meerut and secured Gold Medal in M.S (General Surgery) Exam in 2012. Completed M.Ch in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery from prestigious S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur in 2015.
- MS (General Surgery)
- M.Ch (CTVS)
Post held in past
- Associate Professor in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery (Jan 2017- July 2022)
- Assistant Professor in Cardiac Surgery (Adult)(April 2016- Dec 2016)
Fields of Expertise
- Adult cardiac surgery
- Pediatric cardiac surgery
- Minimally invasive pediatric cardiac surgery
- Vascular surgery
Awards & Recognition
- Gold medalist in M.S (General Surgery)
- Certificate of Honours in Medicine for securing more than 75 % marks in Medicine in the M.B.B.S final examination.
- Gold Medalist in M.B.B.S.
- Certificate of Merit in Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, ENT, Obstetrics & Gynaecology in MBBS Examination.
- Visiting Fellow in Congenital Heart Surgery at German Heart Centre, Munich, Germany.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life member IACTS.
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Course by ELSO.
- ICMR Certificate course in biomedical research.
- More than 20 publications in international journals of repute and have presented papers on various topics related to cardiac surgery in IACTS annual conferences.
Key Procedures Performed
- Minimally invasive mitral valve replacements through the RAT approach.
- Minimally invasive atrial septal defect closure through the RAT approach.
- Minimally invasive atrial septal defect closure through the transaxillary approach.
- Implantation of the inverted bioprosthetic aortic valve in place of the mitral valve in a child with a hammock mitral valve and small mitral annulus.
- Sandwich repair of swiss cheese Ventricular septal defect.
- Aortic root enlargement procedure in Aortic valve replacement.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Thoracobifemoral vascular grafting.
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Apart from being trained in adult cardiac and vascular surgeries, I have been trained and have performed pediatric cardiac surgeries with more than 5 years of experience in the field of pediatric cardiac surgery alone.
- Travelling and exploring nature.
- Playing badminton.