Key Focus Areas
Community Radio Program
The Community Radio programme by Narayana Hrudayalaya Foundation was established in January 2017. Namma Naadi, 90.4 FM, is a service offering by Narayana Health with the support of Narayana Hrudayalaya Foundation. It is a community radio initiative by the healthcare conglomerate serving geographic communities in and around Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru Rural.
Namma Naadi (meaning ‘Our Pulse’ in Kannada) is truly democratic in nature, airing programmes for the people and by the people of Anekal. Programmes range from awareness and education for youth to health, music, literature, culture, environment and employment-based issues, to name a few.
The objective of our community radio programme is to give voice to the people in the radius of 10 to 12 kms around NH Health City, located in Bommasandra Industrial Area of Anekal Taluk. The objective of the station is to enable a platform to be heard by local institutions, communities of interest and Government stakeholders. Namma Naadi hopes to address larger issues of the community such as sanitation, crime, substance abuse, health, education and safety that are impacting our culture and day to day living.
The broader objective would be to serve as a consensus building platform between communities, local governing bodies and civic authorities to communicate and collaborate on shared goals.
- To improve economic disparities and bridge the rural-urban divide.
- To amplify the voice of marginalised communities
- To focus on areas related to health, education, environment and culture
- Create patient education content to increase awareness about preventive health
- Empowering local citizen’s group, students and teachers from educational institutions, NGOs, youth and women’s care groups to share their voice and opinions on varied topics impacting progress and community development in Anekal Taluk.
- Provide a diverse range of viewpoints that enrich the social and cultural fabric of society and contribute to public interest outcomes
- Promote the identities of local communities and contribute to social inclusion
- Provide opportunities for participation in free-to-air public broadcasting and content production
- Contribute to media diversity
- Generate a significant amount of local content
- Provide a unique range of services and programs
Our Collaborative Effort:
Various stakeholders were invited to collaborate with us and be part of the committee contributing to the topics and the essence of programming content. This has resulted in programmes covering a wide range of topics covering health, education, culture, environment and many more. Subject matter experts were invited to speak on various topics that concern the issues faced by the community, creating awareness and providing resolutions. Many campaigns were also aired for voter’s awareness, swaccha bharath, health observation days and so on. Some of the organisations we were associated with include:
- Biocon Foundations
- Sansera Engineering
- Lorven College
- Swami Vivekananda Institutions
- SVVN Neraluru High School and PU College
- SFS Institutions
- Vidhatha Institutions
- Surana School
- Hebbagodi Police
- SSN Foundation
Target Beneficiaries & Stakeholders:
- Citizen’s groups and the population of Anekal Taluk
- Primary and secondary zones of Namma Naadi community radio station
- Local Government stakeholders, authorities, health workers, students and youth
Compliance with Law
Through this program, NH as healthcare service provider ensures that caregivers are adequately prepared to handle needs of their loved ones not only in the hospital but also after discharge. As mentioned in the ‘General Circular No. 21/2014’, educating the masses falls under the clause ‘promoting education’ of the Companies Act 2013. Hence, this program aligns with item (ii) in Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013, Section 135, specifically to the clause of ‘promoting education. The Community Radio programme has been granted the required license and abides by the compliance law for the same.
Podcast and Internet Radio:
Namma Naadi is available in the form of an app that can be downloaded from Google Play Store. The app enables live streaming of programmes on air and has a podcast of programmes that can be heard at your leisure. Click the below link to download the app:
Life after lockdown by Dr Shubhalakshmi and Mutharaju
Importance of Blood donation by Dr Girish
Importance of Yoga to keep up health By Dr Devi Prasad Shetty and Specialist Team
Interview of Covid Warrior by ASHA Worker, Ms. Manjula
Address and Contact Details:
Namma Naadi 90.4 FM
6th Floor, Telemedicine Wing
Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences
NH Health City, 258/A Bommasandra Industrial Area
Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru 560099
Contact Person: Varuna KS, Programme Manager – Namma Naadi
Phone: +91 7899002700