The College & School of Nursing, R. N Tagore Hospital, A Unit of Asia Heart Foundation was established in 2005 and offers General Nursing & Midwifery , B. Sc Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing in Nurse Practitioner in Critical Care, Post Basic Diploma in Cardio Thoracic Nursing & Post Basic Diploma in Neuro Science with the objectives to prepare Clinical Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Administrators & Nurse Educators to shoulder responsible positions & facilitate better education with added trust to short term courses in specialties in nursing.
The College & School of Nursing, R.N Tagore Hospital, A Unit of Asia Heart Foundation is affiliated by Indian Nursing Council (INC), West Bengal Nursing Council (WBNC) & West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).
The academic institution is having an excellent parent hospital, named NH Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, which was established in April 2000 under the chairmanship of Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty. It is a NABH Accredited Multi Super - specialty 681 bedded Hospital with 15 Operation Theatres, 4 Cath Lab, 34 bedded Cardiac Surgical Intensive Therapy Unit, 51 bedded General Intensive Therapy Unit, 30 bedded Paediatric Intensive Therapy Unit, 63 bedded Coronary Care Unit, 26 bedded Dialysis, and 29 bedded Emergency.
We dream to prepare technically and academically competent nurse to work anywhere in the country and abroad.
We dream to prepare high quality, competent nurses to meet the challenges in nursing profession both in community and hospital, based on our strong commitment to practice, education, research, innovation and collaboration.
List of Academic Programmes
|Course||Starting Year||Examining Board||Duration||Seats|
|B.Sc.Nursing||2005||West Bengal University Of Health Sciences||4 years||100|
|Post Basic B.Sc.Nursing||2005||2 years||40|
||2009||2 years||25 (5 seats in each specialization)|
|M.Sc Nursing (Nurse Practitioner in critical Care) NPCC||2017||2 years||10|
|General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)||2007||West Bengal University Of Health Sciences||3 years||100|
|Post Basic Diploma in Cardio Thoracic Nursing||2007||1 year||20|
|Post Basic Diploma in Neuro Science Nursing||2007||1 year||15|
1. Through WBJEEB Examination.
2. Through Direct Admission / Institutional level entrance as per declared Govt. order.
Visit the website for admission details :-
Eligibility Criteria (Academic):
B.Sc (N): Pass with 45% marks(General) and 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in aggregate with a combination of Physics, Chemistry Biology & English (PCBE) in H.S (10+2) Examination . For any further information please visit www.wbjeeb.nic.in – JENPAS-UG-2023 2.List of Academic Programmes 3.Admission Criteria
GNM: Pass with 40% marks in aggregate & pass in English in H.S (10+2) Examination, in case vocational streme must be from health care science discipline . For any further information please visit www.wbjeeb.nic.in – ANM& GNM-2023
Post Basic B.Sc (N): Candidates must pass the GNM course from the Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council and obtained Registration / RNRM certificate from State Nursing Council of any State of India. For any further information please visit www.wbjeeb.nic.in – JEPBN-2023.
M.Sc (N) & NPCC:
1. Candidates must pass B.Sc (N) / B.Sc(Hons) Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc (N)/ Post Basic B,Sc (N) – through distance education from Institutes recognized by Indian Nursing Council and obtained Registration / RNRM Certificate from state Nursing Council of any State of India.
2. At least 55% marks in aggregate considering all academic years together in the examination mentioned above. For any further information please visit www.wbjeeb.nic.in – JEMScN-2023.
1. Candidates must be domicile for GNM & B.Sc (N).
2. Candidates working in Govt . sector must follow their declared rules.
Cancellation of admission
The Institute shall have the right to cancel admission and / or studentship of any student during the session if she is found guilty of any of the following charges:
1. Suppression of information.
2. Supply of false documentations.
3. Medically unfit.
4. Discrepancy of the marks in mark sheet after verification by the concerned Board.
5. Unauthorized absent for long time and not submitted course fees in respective session.
Course Fees Refund Policy
Admission fees will not be refunded but, some portion of other fees may be refunded in prorated manner (Condition applied) as per Institutional Policy ( Available at Institution).
Curriculum Instruction, Examination Rules & Regulations
Follow Website of Indian Nursing council, West Bengal University of Health Sciences & West Bengal Nursing Council :
- For Indian Nursing Council: https://www.indiannursingcouncil.org/
- For West Bengal University of Health Sciences : https://wbuhs.ac.in/
- For West Bengal Nursing Council: https://www.wbnc.in/
Infrastructure (Academic & Hostel)
Class rooms ........... Each Classroom is well equipped with—
- PA System
- LCD projector
- White Board
- Bulletin board
- Adequate space for sitting
- Fundamental Lab
- MCH Lab
- Computer Lab
- Community Lab
- A.V. Aids Lab
- Nutrition Lab
- Advance Lab
- Library (Central & Departmental) well equipped with e -journals & e-books along with updated books and journals
Building of the institution:
- Well maintained with adequate number of washrooms for students and faculty separately
- Safe Drinking water facilities
- Refreshment facilities
- 3-4 bedded room with tables, chairs, cupboards
- Food prepared at hostel kitchen
- Safe drinking water
- Sufficient amount of washrooms
- 24×7 Electricity, Security, Water supply, Presence of Hostel Warden
For Hosteller: Hostel to Institution & Clinical Field (Up & Down)
Field of Clinical Experience :
- 681 bedded Parent hospital at NH RTIICS Multi specialty Hospital
- Different Govt. Facilities as per requirement of curriculum.
- Institution provides Mediclaim facility of Rs. 50000/- sum Insured for the enrolled students only.
- Students also get outdoor facility at a discounted rate.
Rules & Regulation
1. All students are required to be punctual and are not allowed to miss classes without genuine reason and without prior permission from the class teacher and Principal.
2. Students must be in recommended uniform in the clinics, community and in the classroom.
3. No visitors, mobile phones are allowed during class as well as duty hours
4. Each student is responsible to pay all the examination fees and fees for special clinical exposure as per curriculum.
5. B.Sc Nursing students should have to be their own Bank Account Number along with Debit Card for the Online Student Registration under West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
6. The students who will apply for any scholarship or fund to Govt. scheme , must have aadhaar linked bank account.
7. Every students must have to adhere & follow institutional policy, discipline, protocol. Any form of substance use is strictly prohibitive. Ragging is strictly prohibited. Every student has to give undertaking( Affidavit).
1. Students are not allowed to keep any valuables like jewellery in the hostel. Students are solely responsible for their personal belongings.
2. Hostel clearance has to be taken before leaving the hostel.
3. Rooms and beds shall be allocated by the Hostel In charge and no personal preference will be 9. Rules & Regulation entertained.
4. Overall cleanliness of the room is to be maintained by the students residing in the hostel.
5. Pasting Stickers & writing on the walls and furnitures are not allowed. As and when it is found the caution money will be deducted for repairing the walls and furnitures.
6. No furniture to be moved from the room.
7. Students are not permitted to use any electrical appliance other than light & fan, which are provided from the hostel and mobile phone.
8. Use of candle / agarbati or any other source of fire is strictly prohibited.
9. Fans & lights to be switched off before leaving the rooms.
10. No visitors are allowed in student’s rooms.
11. Visiting hours: - Visitors are allowed to meet their wards only on Sunday & holidays from 10 am to 6 pm.
12. Students can go outside from 6AM to 6 PM after documentation (signature) in the outgoing register in the hostel. (only on Public Holidays & Sundays,)
13. Student should maintain the meal off register for not taking hostel meal on the day of day pass.
14. Disciplinary action will be taken in case if any student leaves the hostel without documentation.
15. Students are allowed to take two overnight off per month with prior information apart from prescribed holidays.
16. No students are allowed to come out from their room with Hot pants, Half pants, Sleeveless.
17. Smoking, alcohol, gutkha, other substance are strictly prohibited.
18. Strict action will be taken against the students if rules are violated.
19. Serious Disciplinary action will be taken against the student found absent from the hostel without any information.
20. Even if any rooms found nuisance activities on the wall made by student, students need to pay money for repairing of wall.
If any student falling sick at hotel—sickness must be reported and recorded to the warden by the sick student/roommate---
2. No students are allowed to stay at room without reporting the sickness to warden
3. Warden will seek medical assistance.
4. Self medication is strictly prohibited.
5. In case of major illness/hospitalization information will be sent & guardian must attend as soon as possible.
6. If any student falling sick in the college, clinical field, sickness must be reported to the respective teacher.
7. If any student falling sick at home, sickness must be reported to the concerned teacher and field. She should produce treatment card/ prescription and guardian letter, when she will join the college.
8. Absenteeism due to sickness for 3 or more days need to produce medical fit certificate to resume normal duty.
Health safety rules
1. If anyone develops symptoms of acute Respiratory infection (fever, throat pain, headache, malaise, cough and cold) she should be separated in the Isolation room. Information to be given to the warden immediately.
2. One bathroom to be designated to the ill person and she should not share towels, blanket or any type of clothing with others.
3. Sick person is requested to wear mask and maintain hygiene when coughing and sneezing and should receive food in the isolation room.
4. Anybody caring the sick person must put PPE (Personal protective equipment)
LEAVE & ABSENTISM RULES
1. Students must adhere to the leave provided by institution.
2. Any special leave can be granted by the decision of college authority subjected to student will do make up duty.
3. Students are strongly discouraged to do unauthorized absenteeism.
4. In case of unauthorized leave or absenteeism, the students must report to the co- coordinator and warden (in case of hostel living) before resuming daily activities.
5. After absenteeism, No students are allowed to the daily activities without reporting to the co-coordinator.
1. Students of B.Sc.(N), P.B.B.Sc.(N), GNM will issue one book and students of M.Sc. will borrow two books for 7 days. If the student failed to return within the stipulated time, late fine Rs.5/- per day to be charged.
2. Books cannot be taken out of the library without issue.
3. Any tempering if found inside the books must be notified to the librarian immediately at the time if issue of the books.
4. For any damage found at the time of returning of an issued document, the borrower has to pay a cost for the repair of the same.
5. In case of loss of books by any student they have to replace the same book.
Selected candidates should carry the following items for Hostel
1. Mattress - 1
2. Pillow – 1
3. Pillow Case – 2
4. Bed Sheet – 2
5. Bed Cover -2
6. Mosquito net - 1
7. Blanket – 1
8. Bucket & Mug, – 1 each
9. Towel – 2
10. Tiffin box with 4 containers
11. Rice Plate, Bowl, Glass, Cup, and Spoon
12. Lock & Key – 1
13. Hair Net – 2
14. Wrist Watch with second hand – 1
15. Other Toilet Articles – As required
16. Washable black colour pump shoe– 1 pair
17. White socks– 2 pair
18. Suitcase – 24 inch.
Pocket Articles for Clinical Area
- Pencil Box
- Pen (Red, Blue, Green, Black)
- Pencil & Eraser & Sharpener
- Handkerchief (white)
- Note Book(small)
- Tape Measure
- Nail Cutter
- BP apparatus (Dial type)
Information to the guardians
1. Guardians are not allowed to make any phone calls/meeting with their wards during class and clinical duty.
2. In case of any emergency, guardian need to contact to the coordinator.
3. If any guardians want to meet the Principal, take appointment through your ward.
4. Without prior appointment, no guardian will be allowed to meet with Principal except emergency.
5. Guardian must attend the schedule of Parent Teacher meeting.
RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
1. We have ant ragging policy based on UGC & INC guidelines to address the ragging issues immediately through the following committee
- Anti ragging committee (Consisting of total Head of the institution, representative of civil & police administration, NGOs involved in youth activities, representatives of faculty members, representatives of parents, representatives of students, non teaching staff and chaired by Head of the institution ) Quorum shall be formed with the attendance of majority of the members.
- Mentoring cell ( upper level & lower level ) comprising of 10 students and 2 teachers.
- Anti ragging Squad comprising of 10 member. Committee comprising of representatives of faculty members, warden, office staff and coordinated by a teacher selected by principal.
2. If any student experiences any ragging issue, first report of the incident shall be done by the student to the Mentoring Cell at lower level followed by upper level
3. Every student who takes admission to this institution has to give undertaking in the form of affidavit for making ragging-free campus.
4. Frequent / Periodical supervision & raid in hostel & class room shall be done by the above Committees.
NATIONAL ANTIRAGGING HELPLINE : 1800-1805522 (TOLL FREE)
RAGGING IS A CRIME
STOP RAGGING REWARD IS JAIL
--Suspension from attending classes & Academic privileges
--Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
--Cancellation of admission
--Imprisonment up to 3 years or fine of Rs.2500/
Grievance Redressal Policy
- We have Grievance Redressal Mechanism based on UGC guidelines to address any grievance of students on immediate basis. We always believe in one to one contact with all students and ensure utmost safety and security whatsoever.
- If any student needs any of the grievances to be redressed, the respective student must immediately report to the Students’ Grievances Redressal Committee.